Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My season is on HOLD!!!!!!! >

My season is on HOLD!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My season is on HOLD!!!!!!!

Old 12-02-2008, 06:14 AM

Default My season is on HOLD!!!!!!!

Got up this morning to hunt(started my 9 day vacation) I had everything in the truck ready to go. Went to the garage to get the climber. Got in the truck and didn't see mt bow case. Looked in the bed, no not there. I thought I might have left it in the basement(the only part of the house that is mine), no not there either. At this point I start to panic, first day of 9 day vacation, deer are moving really good in my area and my bow is mising!!!!!!!!!!!!! So at this point I am waking everybody up in the house(4 boys-all teenagers and the wife) to see if someone is playing a joke. Unfortunatly no joke. Someone stole my bow.

I was mad at first but then I thought about it and was glad they didn't come in the house and endanger my family. So looks like I will be geting a NEW bow. I think I will go and shoot the Hoyt AM today and see if I like it.

Thanx for listening.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My season is on HOLD!!!!!!!

That sucks. I had a bow stolen about 3 years ago. Luckily I had 3 older ones I had as backups. I ended up buying a PSE the next spring. Try looking in the pawn shops and sporting goods stores to see if someone sold it to them as a used bow. Might get lucky.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:35 AM
Fork Horn

good luck finding it. i couldnt imagine much worse of a feeling then heading to the field and realizing your most important piece of equipment (and most expensive) is missing...
Old 12-02-2008, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man that really does suck, but you are right. It could have been a lot worse for you. On a side note, I am sure you are going to LOVE the new Hoyt AM!
Old 12-02-2008, 10:23 AM

Sorry to hear that! What is your draw length? I have a Diamond Rock I could lend you till the end of the season. I live up near Festus, MO, so can't be too far depending on where "So. IL" is.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

RobinAim Low,

That's one nice gesture on your part.It's nice to know some of the best people I know are bowhunters.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 12-02-2008, 11:48 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is what I am talking about Robin Aim Low---class.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did you stop at a gas station or resteraunt or store on the way back home from the woods? I would guess thats where you lost it. I always make sure we lock the doors to the truck, even though if someone wanted the item bad enough, they could get it.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:02 PM

Doesn't matter if you lock the truck or not, a thief will get it if he sees it through the window...the best bet is to set your alarm 30 seconds early and pack the truck in the morning, as sad as it is to have to take these precautions. (unless I read it wrong and it wasnt taken from your truck at your house)

Sucks that we have to deal with scum like that in the first place.[:@]

Quick Reply: My season is on HOLD!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.