Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 04-03-2003, 05:25 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-03-2003, 06:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: How many use " The archery program" for bow setup??

Todd,
I tried the Archery Program, and while it is nice, I much prefered " On Target" from www.pinwheelsoftware.com
They even have a free trial that you can use for a couple of weeks, to see if you like it.
Charlie
Old 04-03-2003, 06:33 PM

I have " The Archery Program" I have used it to select arrows and print a sight tape and so far it has been great. I have also heard good things about " Ontarget" and " Archers Advantage" . Good luck!
Old 04-05-2003, 07:12 AM

I use TAP, and think it is a great tool. Tony is very helpful answering any questions TAP users have, and is constantly trying to improve on the program.
Old 04-05-2003, 04:32 PM
Typical Buck

If you want to build weight specific arrows like I did for 3D, it is great. I did not have to buy a bunch of arrows and try them, TAP gave me completed weights and spine. It was also very useful for printing site tapes.

For hunting season I can use the program to determine what arrows I will get the best KE with, again without having to buy a sample of each to shoot around and waste money.
Old 04-05-2003, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

www.bowjackson.com

It' s free!
Old 04-05-2003, 09:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bowfanatic,with all due respect to bowjackson' s site.It does not compare to the archery programs that are available today.

I use Archers Advantage and have tried The Archery Program.I am not familiar with On Target but I know the first 2 are much more informative than Bowjackson.And since when can you print a sight tape on Bowjackson' s site?Or downrange drop and ke?

Give them a try and you might be pleasently surprised.
Old 04-06-2003, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I didn' t slam TAP! I simply gave an alternative free website that will give you the hunting info that you might want to know like arrow weights , spine charts , foc calculators , kinetic energy calculators , speed calculators.
TFOX , if you rely on TAP for sight tapes and all your other info you might be falling into todays computer dependant rather than real life trial and error. I' ve personally tried TAP and it' s also a good program but I dont see the sight tapes or down range loss of kinetic energy being worth the $$ when you can get the important info from bowjacksons or a calculator for that matter. Just my opinion , I' m not trying to turn this thread into a debate.
Old 04-06-2003, 03:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

For competitive shooters these programs will save much valuable time and money.There is no trial and error when choosing the correct arrows.You know that you will have the correct arrow for your application.

Sight tapes are the qickest and MOST ACCURATE way of setting sights.If you need to make a poundage adjustment or an arrow change you can have your sights reset and shooting in about 15 minutes.

For hunting you can find out the optimum setup for your likes or dislikes and buy the right arrows the first time.No more of those questions like what kind of speed can I expect with such and such arrow or bow.

I guess the best thing about them is knowing how a product should perform before you buy it is the biggest asset of these programs but you are right,there is no substitute for actually shooting and finding out for yourself how something will work.

They are definately a bigger advantage to the target shooter than the average hunter but are valuable to both.

Like I stated before.The bowjackson site is nice but it is just a drop in the bucket to what is available.
Old 04-06-2003, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' m not trying to turn this thread into a debate.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.