Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's up with all of these,"Season's Over" threads??? >

What's up with all of these,"Season's Over" threads???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's up with all of these,"Season's Over" threads???

Old 11-30-2008, 07:29 PM
Banned

Default What's up with all of these,"Season's Over" threads???

I don't get it. Threads about now that season is over what did you learn, well, now that my season is over,etc etc etc. What,No doe tags? No coyotes to hunt? No squirrels, rabbits? Is whitetail season it for you guys? Gun season opens up and you all quit cause the orange army ruins it once archery reopens? I feel sad for you guys that hang up the bows just when season is beginning. Oh well, I guess if you want to sit around in your recliners and get fat..more power to yaAs for me, I am bowhunting till the fat lady sings and season is closed. Heck, sparrows, starlings, and coyotes are open year around.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:33 PM
Banned

Default RE: What's up with all of these,"Season's Over" threads???

I have a deer carcass out and enjoying watching the yotes hit it. I am going to sneak a ground blind in, bush it in, and kill a yote on that carcass. Lots of bowhunting yet. You all have deer carcasses don't ya?
Old 11-30-2008, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hear ya Hc. I will be deer hunting till Jan 31. I have 5 tags left to fill and after that it's Hog huntin' time. I have a lot of wild hogs in our main hunting area and I intend to do my after season scouting and hog hunt in February. Maybe even prepare a few stand sites/shooting lanes for next fall. It ain't near about over for me.

LT
Old 11-30-2008, 07:35 PM
Banned

Good to hear LT...Lots of fun to be had. Have fun buddy and be safe.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Same to you Don. I have seen a couple of those hogs this year and I know of one Boar that will easily go 250 on the hoof. I would be as tickled to get him as any buck. I also have seen a totally blonde coyote from one stand. I would love to take him as well. Lot's of critters can be trophies/food.

LT
Old 11-30-2008, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I to think it's funny the amount of people that call it quits so early. I still have a month and a half of season left here. There's no chance that I'm calling it quits, it's still early.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Banned

I have never got a yote with my bow and that would be a huge trophy to me. Never had a shot at one andrarely see any. I hear them howl at night while leaving my stand at times.They are around but I can count the few times while on stand that I have seen a yote and never within bowrange. I have taken two foxes. I want a crack at a bobcat some day too.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hear ya..... for some, I guess it sucks to be a "bow only" hunter! My seasons ends in about 6 months!!!!!!!!!![8D]
Old 11-30-2008, 11:49 PM

I have 2 doe tags and 1 buck tag left.

And 6 weeks to do something about it

I won't be sitting on the couch!
Old 12-01-2008, 12:05 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

My hunting is really just getting going. I've got 3 tags to fill and hoping to get a crack at a coyote or two. Troy ( shed33 ) is coming in right after Xmas for a week of bowhunting. The deer and yotes are in trouble!! Going to be athwacking good time!!

Tim

Quick Reply: What's up with all of these,"Season's Over" threads???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.