Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Did you achieve your goals? >

Did you achieve your goals?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Did you achieve your goals?

Old 12-01-2008, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Did you achieve your goals?

No, not yet anyway. My goal was to take a P&Y in each of the 3 states that I hunted. It was/is a pretty lofty goal. I knew going in that is was going to take a pretty special season to accomplish it. Although, I haven't yet accomplished my goal (and quite honestly probably won't) it's been a great season nonetheless.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I did. Shoot a P&Y and a doe with my bow....and spent time with my family the rest of the season.

I wish every season wouldbe as nice as this one.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:29 AM
Typical Buck

I had two goals that should have been met by now, neither have been accomplished. I had a chancetoreach both goals within 2 minutes of each other, butmade a mistake that cost me dearly. I've got until Jan 15, although I'm mentally and physically exhausted, I'll be out there until the final bell rings.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

ORIGINAL: JoeRE

Have Fun - check
enjoy every minute - check
I had a good year. I saw a lot of wildlife and topped it off with harvesting a great buck, my second from hunting on the ground in as many years and my first ever on public land (which just doesn't happen around here). Its still soaking in.
Hey Joe congrats on your buck... I never got to see the post or pic.
Thanks - pics and the story is on my team's (26) thread. I also have late muzzy season to look forward to but archery is over for me. There are a couple of monsters around I found out about after I tagged this one - not that I am complaining!

Old 12-01-2008, 09:00 AM
Typical Buck

No, not yet. My goal was to atleast harvest my first compound bow buck. Although I did release an arrow at one (he would have been my best buck yet) my bow hit my treestandcausing me to miss him. But I have until Feb 1st.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:02 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Have Fun - check
enjoy every minute - check
I had a good year. I saw a lot of wildlife and topped it off with harvesting a great buck, my second from hunting on the ground in as many years and my first ever on public land (which just doesn't happen around here). Its still soaking in.
Hey Joe congrats on your buck... I never got to see the post or pic.
Thanks - pics and the story is on my team's (26) thread. I also have late muzzy season to look forward to but archery is over for me. There are a couple of monsters around I found out about after I tagged this one - not that I am complaining!
Nice buck Joe. Did you know that a couple of years ago IA made it legal to use a bowinstead of aMuzzleloader to tag your any sex deer with in case you don't want to use a muzzleloader? Didn't know if you knew this.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:04 AM

NOPE...I don't use firearms, bow is the only way to go. I've been picky and passed up a buck a few weeks ago, now I"m regretting it. BUT, me and gri22ly have been chasing a 170" TANK and haven't had any luck yet. I'M NOT GIVIN' UP!!!

I've several, several does, but now that I want to take one out...I can't find'em....go figure.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:19 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey Greg....I went back and found the goals for the season I'd made on a previous post. With the exception of the doe count right now (with 3 weeks yet to go)....I'm just fine with how it's turned out.

1. Remove 8 does from the herd I'm hunting (me or someone hunting with me).
2. Learn the new lands I'm hunting
3. Take a buck I will be proud of.....or don't take one
4. As was the goal in '07.....to NOT release an arrow that I am not proud of

That's it.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:27 AM

Not yet... My first goal was to kill a buck, I got that one. My next goal was to kill a good buck on public land. I'm still working on that one.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:31 AM

Goal #1 See my first deer from stand - Accomplished
Goal #2 Shoot my first deer - Fail
Goal #3 Shoot my first buck - Fail

I only saw one deer in about 15 sits and it was a small doe at about 30 yrds who stayed behind brush the whole time she walked. I dont feel too terrible about it because I still have a lot of hunting to do, but I really wanna put some meat in that freezer.

Quick Reply: Did you achieve your goals?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.