Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is a good thing to do while in the woods hunting to pass time? >

What is a good thing to do while in the woods hunting to pass time?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is a good thing to do while in the woods hunting to pass time?

Old 04-02-2003, 06:42 PM

Default What is a good thing to do while in the woods hunting to pass time?

Does any one have a certain thing they do while they are in the woods hunting? I always get bored staring hoping for a big buck to come out.. time just goes so slow, what are good things to do while hunting to pass that time?
Old 04-02-2003, 06:56 PM

Default RE: What is a good thing to do while in the woods hunting to pass time?

i carry a small new testament and read my Bible
Old 04-02-2003, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do a lot of deep thinking and relaxing. I sit back and just basically count the many blessings I have in my life. When you really think about each one seperately it takes up the time during those slow spells.
Old 04-02-2003, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

sounds like you are in the wrong sport.

HUNT!!!
Old 04-02-2003, 08:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

im constantly scanning the woods....i catch deer coming way before they know whats up...this is ground hunting with a rifle..but all are in archery range so i guess its about the same only i dont have to move much to shot...i like watching other animals too..keeps me alert and keeps my eyes moving and alert to any sounds......works for me.....i could never read or do anything else....once in a while when its the off hours like mid day usually is i day dream or doze off.....but usually not deer hunting...they sneak up to easy....turkey hunting i sleep when nothing much is gobbling at me..i love waking up to a gobbler coming in to visit...
Old 04-02-2003, 08:37 PM

Reading. I' ve tried it but find my head on the swivel checking out the woods for movement or a piece of a deer.

I am also entertained by other critters, squirrels can be pretty entertaining at times. Almost had one come down the trunk of a tree on to my face, he got about
6" from me then stopped and fled.
Old 04-02-2003, 08:37 PM

Sometimes I read, but mostly I just take in the beauty of what God has created. Sometimes I' ll sit there and try to imagine what my surroundings would have looked like 100 or 200 years ago.
Old 04-02-2003, 08:45 PM
Dominant Buck

I just hunt. I guestimate ranges, I range with the range finder, I use the binos a lot, I rehearse shot positions, I make notes of everything I can so when something different appears I' ll pick it up, I watch tweets and squirrel, I reposition myself(stand up/sit down), I drink water, I think about other stand sites, I second guess myself, I plan the next hunt, I start it all over again. Become the Tree Grasshopper. You know you' re doing it when you' re holding your bow and a nuthatch lands on your wrist. I had that this year. Now that is neat.
Old 04-02-2003, 08:51 PM

I spend most of my time trying to determine the source of any little movement in the woods from a bird to a spider web catching a glimpse of sunshine on it I also take in the alone time just thinking about anything that pops into my mind
Old 04-02-2003, 09:04 PM
Who
Nontypical Buck

Well I watch tv for a while or listen to the radio. If I get board with this I play a game of pool.

[>:]NOT

I HUNT!
Rick

Quick Reply: What is a good thing to do while in the woods hunting to pass time?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.