Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is a good thing to do while in the woods hunting to pass time? >

What is a good thing to do while in the woods hunting to pass time?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is a good thing to do while in the woods hunting to pass time?

Old 04-02-2003, 09:17 PM

Default RE: What is a good thing to do while in the woods hunting to pass time?

Besides watch the squirrels bark at the thing they can' t figure out is me, sometimes I bring a snack. When I get a little hungry or thirsty, it sure makes hunting more enjoyable.
Old 04-02-2003, 10:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer, you take one down pass it around 98 bottles of beer on the wall[&:]
Old 04-02-2003, 10:53 PM
Fork Horn

I become one with the woods. When you believe at anytime Mr. Big could step in there is no getting bored.
Old 04-03-2003, 05:26 AM

[8D] COUNT HOW MANY SQUIRRELS , BLUE JAYS, AND WHISKY JACKS COME AND EAT CORN OUT OF MY BAIT PILE.
Old 04-03-2003, 07:29 AM

I can honestly say I have never been bored on stand. I have never been in a stand and thought " man I wish I was doing something else" . The anticipation and suspense, and all the stuff to do - what David said - the time goes by way to fast for me.

its the nine months in between that kills me[X(]
Old 04-03-2003, 07:49 AM
Typical Buck

Well one thing I do is what davidmil said, I sit there in my stand thinking about what might be happening in one of my other stands or one of my other woods. That is the only downfall of having alot of woods with so many stands to sit in. But THAT is a good problem. I agree with the others that I just constantly scan the woods and enjoy everything out there. I love watching wildlife of any kind. And mr. big can show up at any time. I spend alot of time in prayer. I ahve heard it said that when in a treestand you are 20 ft. colser to the Lord. I spend alot of one on one time with my Savior. And I also slow down, clear my head and forget about all of life' s pressures and to do lists. No phones, no TV. Just God, me and his wonderful creation. Man, how can ya get bored in the wild? Man do I miss being out there!!!
Old 04-03-2003, 07:54 AM

I generally am either constantly scanning the woods, guessing yardages, inspecting my bow visually, or being entertained by the squirrels and chipmunks.
Old 04-03-2003, 08:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

If they don' t come to me in what I feel is a reasonable amount of time, I get on my feet and go looking for the darn things. In other words, I put on my moccassins, get off my butt and actually go HUNTING. I refuse to allow myself to get tied into one, and only one, method. If all you do is sit in a stand on a day the deer aren' t moving... Well, how many days do you get to go hunting and how many of those can you afford to waste?

Your preseason scouting has (hopefully) isolated bedding, feeding and holding areas. You know where they are, or should be. Go get ' em!
Old 04-03-2003, 09:10 AM

This is a good post.

This topic floats around alot in my head. I have to agree with the the thought of enjoying the bordom. I don' t know why, but after 22 years of hunting I' m so glad that I don' t worry about killing anything any more. The anticipation is as much or more rewarding than the score. Time goes by so fast when I' m sitting in my tree stand. I only wish work could pass by as quickly as when I' m " stuck" in my perch.... waiting....waiting....and waiting. Sitting in one place for up to 10 hours is cazy to some people. I' ve tried to explain this to many, but if you don' t get it .... you just don' t get it. I do .... and I love it!!!! You can' t pay for that kind of entertainment. Some how this patients manages to keep me very successful these days. Keep the bordom coming... I' ll be waiting.
Old 04-03-2003, 09:41 AM

I kinda like to shoot deer when I go hunting. That being said everything else I do is somehow (hopefully) increasing my chances to reach that goal.

Quick Reply: What is a good thing to do while in the woods hunting to pass time?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.