HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   3 Most Important Things? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/275640-3-most-important-things.html)

LouisianaTomkat 11-26-2008 08:58 PM

3 Most Important Things?

Simple question. If you had to choose the 3 most important things you have learned about bowhunting (Whitetails), what would they be? (You can add how long it took for you to learn these things if you like. Could be some interesting answers here.)

Thanks, LT

GMMAT 11-26-2008 09:04 PM

RE: 3 Most Important Things?

1. Bucks don't like to hang out where a lot of does are (took me three years to believe this). It's true. Changed my view on hunting the does to kill a buck.

2. Playing the wind is NEVER over-rated. This took me 3 years to swallow, too.

3. Deer have to eat, drink, sleep and make little deer. Our only quest is to catch them going and coming between those things. I figured this one out on my own a long time ago. It can be over-analyzed....but it's true in its' simplest form.

Oneshot7 11-26-2008 09:04 PM

1. Anchor Point
2. Anchor Point
3. Anchor Point :DIt took me three weeks to figure out my anchor point, that was back before I really had anyone to show me how to shoot. I figured out anchor point and havent looked back since

Schultzy 11-26-2008 09:26 PM

If you had to choose the 3 most important things you have learned about bowhunting (Whitetails), what would they be?
1. Patience- I figured this out 14 years ago when I started hunting with my recurve.

. Bedding area's- Bucks do not bed In the same area/place that doe's do. It took me too long to figure this one out. I still catch myself thinking the old way every so often.

3. Walk In and walk out trail- Up until about 7 years ago I didn't pay enough attention to this. I sure do now!

OKbowhunter20 11-26-2008 09:29 PM

Stand Placement

Playing the Wind

You can't kill them if you aren't hunting

LouisianaTomkat 11-26-2008 09:32 PM

3. Walk In and walk out trail- Up until about 7 years ago I didn't pay enough attention to this. I sure do now!
What do you mean by this Steve? Not kiddin'. I seriously want to know.

Thanks, LT

MN/Kyle 11-26-2008 11:09 PM

[ol][*]Playing the Wind (and paying attention to what it does when it gets out there a ways)[*]PICK A SPOT[*]Funnels/Travel Routes[/ol]

gregrn43 11-26-2008 11:45 PM

Playing the wind by far the most important thing

MdDave 11-27-2008 12:08 AM

ive got to really focus on SLOWING MY SELF DOWN at the time of a shoot.. i get in a big rush, dont pick a spot an blank out... just about half off everything the sticky says not to do... ill get it though with time an more misses

piney 11-27-2008 03:33 AM

Practice, Persistence, and being able to be mobile and adapt to different situations.