Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhunting Magazine ? >

Bowhunting Magazine ?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting Magazine ?

Old 11-26-2008, 08:05 PM

Default Bowhunting Magazine ?

Whats the best magazine out that has good bowhunting and archery stuff?

Thanks
Old 11-26-2008, 08:59 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bowhunting Magazine ?

Bowhunting Magazine is good
Old 11-27-2008, 05:56 AM

Bowhunting World: (my favorite) has good bow tests and sometimes equipment test like broadheads. I like technical. Variety of articles overall.

Petersens BowhuntingGood variety of articles. Bow reports are now standardized and comparable. This magazine is another favorite.

Bow & Arrow Hunting: Oriented toward western half os U.S. Magazine has bow reports, but you have to do some estimatingbecasue the draw length or weight may vary. IMO there is a reoccurring emphasis on longer ATA bowswith 7'' or more brace heights and to a lesser extent fixed heads.

Bowhunt America: I like the bow reports and they seem to have a couple in every issue. The reports are consistent with draw weight and length and use a variety of arrow weights. This magazine seems to only report the good about products. However, I'd buy it just for the bow reports.

Bowhunter: Stories and more stories. Emphasis is on writing. You will read all about the hunt, they try to make you feel like you are there; equipment details are put in as an afterthought in a sidebar at the end of each story.This is my least favorite, but many people prefer it.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:46 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: im ocd

Bowhunting World: (my favorite) has good bow tests and sometimes equipment test like broadheads. I like technical. Variety of articles overall.

Petersens BowhuntingGood variety of articles. Bow reports are now standardized and comparable. This magazine is another favorite.

Bow & Arrow Hunting: Oriented toward western half os U.S. Magazine has bow reports, but you have to do some estimatingbecasue the draw length or weight may vary. IMO there is a reoccurring emphasis on longer ATA bowswith 7'' or more brace heights and to a lesser extent fixed heads.

Bowhunt America: I like the bow reports and they seem to have a couple in every issue. The reports are consistent with draw weight and length and use a variety of arrow weights. This magazine seems to only report the good about products. However, I'd buy it just for the bow reports.

Bowhunter: Stories and more stories. Emphasis is on writing. You will read all about the hunt, they try to make you feel like you are there; equipment details are put in as an afterthought in a sidebar at the end of each story.This is my least favorite, but many people prefer it.
You are OCD! I'm ADD, I just whip through the pages, read a couple of sentences and maybe go back later and read the whole story.
I like Trad Hunter Mag and NA Whitetail. NAW focuses more on the deer than the equipment.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:42 AM
Typical Buck

Personally I subscribe to two magazine, Huntin' Fool & Eastman's Bowhunting Journal. Good articles and a great resource of information for those who hunt out west.

Old 11-27-2008, 10:00 AM

ORIGINAL: elkhuntinut

Personally I subscribe to two magazine, Huntin' Fool & Eastman's Bowhunting Journal. Good articles and a great resource of information for those who hunt out west.

ding ding ding...Ill be subsrcibing to Huntin Fool and renewing my EBJ this winter...great mags. Only two I will have left coming, besides KY Game and Fish.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:19 AM
Fork Horn

I get both Eastmans Bowhunting Journal and Eastmans Hunting Journal because I live and hunt mostly out west. I also like Bowhunting World but only buy it when there something I'm interested in.