Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Reezen 6.5 vs Alphama32 Findings and Speeds >

Reezen 6.5 vs Alphama32 Findings and Speeds

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Reezen 6.5 vs Alphama32 Findings and Speeds

Old 11-26-2008, 05:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Reezen 6.5 vs Alphama32 Findings and Speeds

I am not surprised by your findings.

When I use Archers Advantage to get speeds,Hoyt always comes out closer to the numbers than any other brand I have tried(at all draw lengths).They really seem to hit their speeds.(atleast the past few years)

Mathews has been notorious for exagerating their speeds,along with missing the draw lengths. Sorry but I don't understand this.

I know the amo draw length is from the center of the valley(atleast that used to be the standard,not sure if it has changed) but it looks to me like if you have NO VALLEY,it should be measured from the wall.

I have an AM 35 on order and I actually ordered the black out with camo limbs and called and changed it to an all camo.Mainly,because the bow is strictly a hunting bow and I didn't want a slight glare to cost me the buck of a lifetime at some point.BUT,I love the black with camo limbs.If I were to get a target bow,that would be it.[8D]
Old 12-05-2008, 01:15 PM
Banned

Thanks for the review.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:33 PM
Host of Hosts

If Diamond takes much longer to get the IceMan to our area I'm buying an AM 32. I'm trying to be patient and wait it out, but patience isn't a strong suit of mine. I've already shot the AM 32 and 35 and they are sweet.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:44 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: PA Hardwoods

Ok so now this is where this gets interesting we decided to check the AMO Draw length on each bow. First up was the Hoyt Alphamax32...It measured dead on at 29", we also measured an Alphamax35 we had and it was also dead on at 29". BUT when we came to the Reezen 6.5 it measured in at 29.5" Not the 29 like its supposed to be, and the same for a second Reezen 6.5 we had in the shop. So once again mathews draws are coming in longer than they should be which would tighten the speed range to about only 5fps difference if the Reezen 6.5 was a "TRUE" 29" Draw, not the 10fps difference like my findings.
I thought PSE was the only ones that did that? At least back in teh day.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:16 PM

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Thanks for the review.
No problem Don, I love to get out there and play with all the new toys.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:17 PM

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: PA Hardwoods

Ok so now this is where this gets interesting we decided to check the AMO Draw length on each bow. First up was the Hoyt Alphamax32...It measured dead on at 29", we also measured an Alphamax35 we had and it was also dead on at 29". BUT when we came to the Reezen 6.5 it measured in at 29.5" Not the 29 like its supposed to be, and the same for a second Reezen 6.5 we had in the shop. So once again mathews draws are coming in longer than they should be which would tighten the speed range to about only 5fps difference if the Reezen 6.5 was a "TRUE" 29" Draw, not the 10fps difference like my findings.
I thought PSE was the only ones that did that? At least back in teh day.
Actually Bigcountry i think Mathews has been notorius for their draw lengths coming in long also. Atleast that is what i have found to be true in many past years.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:39 PM

I don't see what difference a half of an inch makes? (get your mind out of the gutter) Seriously, I don't...
Old 12-05-2008, 10:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was under the impression that the black was a flat black? No?
Old 12-05-2008, 11:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Dozen Arrows

I don't see what difference a half of an inch makes? (get your mind out of the gutter) Seriously, I don't...

1/2" on draw length can be a mile.When I was shooting alot,1/8" made a huge difference.

Couple that with very aggresive cams and you have serious issues.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

Stop...PLEASE stop...LOL I'm trying to convince myself NOT to get an Alphamax.
Trevor,
The Alphamax 35 was the NICEST feeling bow I've EVER drawn or shot!!!! I swear the 70# bow felt like a 55# bow to me, and the wall was just PERFECT!!!! I WILL own one within a year!!!! It's gonna take me that long to save up for one.

Quick Reply: Reezen 6.5 vs Alphama32 Findings and Speeds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.