Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 HOYT - Alphamax 32??? >

HOYT - Alphamax 32???

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HOYT - Alphamax 32???

Old 11-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default HOYT - Alphamax 32???

What do you guys think? I like it.

I like the frame of the Superhawk better but it is about 15fps slower on the books.

Any word on these bows??

Bowtech & Matthews guys...just relax....leave it open for us HOYT guys to chat for a bit....[8D]

Old 11-25-2008, 08:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: HOYT - Alphamax 32???

I liked the way the 32 held and balanced,much better than any short bow I have ever drawn.So much so I thought,briefly about getting one and you might already know what I think about short bows.

Then I started doing some research and found out I would have to shoot the 32 with the long draw cam(#3) on the shortest setting(shortest mod)but I could shoot the 35 at 1" off the top end of the short (#2) cam which should mean a better feeling and more efficient bow.Added to that is the fact the 35 should be a little more forgiving,it was a no brainer for me.

The cam is stiff but it doesn't have that heavy peak or big drop off that I can't stand so I should have my new AM35 in a couple weeks.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:34 PM
Typical Buck

It's a sweet shooter. May be their best hunting bow. Shot one a few weeks ago, and so far it's my front running pick for a deer thumper for 09. Nice draw, light weight, solid wall, smooth shooting and quiet. I still need to shoot the PSE's, and Elites, but I've picked it over the Reezin and the Bowtechs so far.

If you like Hoyts, you'll love it. Several guys on archerytalk have them and everyone seems to love them.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks TFOX...It sounds like the 32 will be a good pick for my 27.5 inch draw.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:35 PM
Typical Buck

You finally retiring the good ole Xtec TFOX ?? Or just keeping her around for good measure ?

ORIGINAL: TFOX

I liked the way the 32 held and balanced,much better than any short bow I have ever drawn.So much so I thought,briefly about getting one and you might already know what I think about short bows.

Then I started doing some research and found out I would have to shoot the 32 with the long draw cam(#3) on the shortest setting but I could shoot the 35 at 1" off the top end of the short (#2) cam which should mean a better feeling and more efficient bow.Added to that is the fact the 35 should be a little more forgiving,it was a no brainer for me.

The cam is stiff but it doesn't have that heavy peak or big drop off that I can't stand so I should have my new AM35 in a couple weeks.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

She isn't going anywhere.Probably will try a few spots this winter with her just so she doesn't get bored.[8D]

AND,I HATE spots.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MichiganWhitetails74

Thanks TFOX...It sounds like the 32 will be a good pick for my 27.5 inch draw.
Yes,27 1/2 puts you at the top end of the short cam which should be at max efficiency but might be a little harsher on the draw but should still be acceptable.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:40 PM
Typical Buck

That's a good bow for spots, despite the short ATA most guys use for spots. I shot a slew of 298's, anda couple300's with it on a vegas 3 spotbefore I moved up to a Protec. Now a Protec or 38 Pro will make you love dot shooting! The Xtec was light for me as a dot shooter, so I put a good heavy stabilizer on it to calm the wobble. After that, it was a nail driver.

She isn't going anywhere.Probably will try a few spots this winter with her just so she doesn't get bored.[8D]

AND,I HATE spots.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have owned several protecs and a few ultras and I still hate spots[8D].My last was an 06 silver flame pro that was quite possibly the best shooting bow I have ever shot.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Mikey S.

That's a good bow for spots, despite the short ATA most guys use for spots. I shot a slew of 298's, anda couple300's with it on a vegas 3 spotbefore I moved up to a Protec. Now a Protec or 38 Pro will make you love dot shooting! The Xtec was light for me as a dot shooter, so I put a good heavy stabilizer on it to calm the wobble. After that, it was a nail driver.

AND,I HATE spots.

Funny you mention weight,my xtec came alive when I put a doinker on the end of my stab,the long one as well as the short one.

Quick Reply: HOYT - Alphamax 32???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.