Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ohio Buck and Doe down. >

Ohio Buck and Doe down.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ohio Buck and Doe down.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:25 AM

Default Ohio Buck and Doe down.

The afternoon of the 23rd turned out to be a great one. My father and I have harvested deer on the same day for the fourth time now. Its always a special feeling when either one of us arrows one, but its twice as nice when we both do.

Well we both hunted the morning with only one yearling doe seen. I decided to take her because of our antlerless tags expiring on the 30th.thankfully she never presented a shot. Fast foward to the evening, we reached our stands about 2:30.These paticular stands are about 100 yards apart over looking a crp field. His stand covers the west entrance/exit to the field and mine the east entrance/exit trail.

The activity was almost none til about 4:57, I saw 2 doe about 80 yards out leaving the field. They exited the field 80 yards out. At that time I stood up and grabbed my bow, hoping they would would make their way south through the woods towards me. A few minutes later I caught movement for my left. I saw 3 doe enter the field from the area my dad was hunting. I figured he may have been busted since they were trotting into the field. they made quick work of the distance to my stand. I immediately identified the deer as a mother and 2 offspring. I have watched these deer all season and have passed them up numerous times.Themotherstopped 20 yards away, slightly quatering way. I came to a full draw, picked a spot and released the arrow. I watched the arrow pass through her right behind her shoulder. She ran 25 yards and piled up.

About 5 minutes later I heard crashing from the area my dad was hunting. I thought that maybe he had arrowed a deer also. Come to find out the 3 doe ran right by him not presenting a shot. The buck following them did give him a shot though. The buck ended up being an 11 point, although he had his main beam broken off at his g2. He has good mass throughout his rack. He are figuring this deer to be in his decline. He has no front teeth an the rear teeth were looking really bad. Im going to have our County Wildlife officer age the deer.

The pictures arent the greatest.I wanted to get some better poses but with the deer being a little on the stiff side and my dad griping about wanting to hurry up because he was hungry. I cant wait to see his face on christmas this year. I ordered him a new Marquis and me an Admiral. He shot the Marquis and fell in love with it. He wont stop talking about it, but is too much of a tight wad to spend the money on the bow. Getting him to spend money is like pulling teeth.

Old 11-25-2008, 02:17 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ohio Buck and Doe down.

Congrats !!

Tim