Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My neighbor is a PETA member! >

My neighbor is a PETA member!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My neighbor is a PETA member!

Old 11-24-2008, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default My neighbor is a PETA member!

... or so I think she is.

On Sunday I was setting up to skin and quarter the 2 deer Iarrowed the day before. My neighbor walks out to her car and sees my two deer. In a manner of shock, awe, and disgust she asked me: "how can you do that to them? One is only a bambi!" In that split second before I answered, minutes of pointless debate ran through my head. What I really wanted to say was... the same way you can go to McDonald's. But, I just told her not to worry that I was going to consume all the meat and none of it would be wasted.

She had no clue that I saved that "bambi" from possibly days of sufferingbecause it had its lower jaw blown off by the gun hunters. She has no clue that her ordering a Big Mac is potentially worse than me putting an arrow through the heart of a suffering "bambi". There has been report of and it is not out of the question that cattle are mistreated on their way to the slaughter house. Bambi on the other hand received a 7 second ticket to total anesthesia.

Then she turns, saysam Iglad I'm getting outta here, and walks to her car. She used to like me alot just like all my other neighbors. I'm guessing not anymore.

So, would you have been able to bite your tongue?
Old 11-24-2008, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My neighbor is a PETA member!

Id have tore off a peice and ate it raw and said "Because im a man thats how I can do it!"

So no, prolly couldnt have bit my touge.[8D]
Old 11-24-2008, 02:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Hoytail Hunter

... or so I think she is.

On Sunday I was setting up to skin and quarter the 2 deer Iarrowed the day before. My neighbor walks out to her car and sees my two deer. In a manner of shock, awe, and disgust she asked me: "how can you do that to them? One is only a bambi!" In that split second before I answered, minutes of pointless debate ran through my head. What I really wanted to say was... the same way you can go to McDonald's. But, I just told her not to worry that I was going to consume all the meat and none of it would be wasted.

She had no clue that I saved that "bambi" from possibly days of sufferingbecause it had its lower jaw blown off by the gun hunters. She has no clue that her ordering a Big Mac is potentially worse than me putting an arrow through the heart of a suffering "bambi". There has been report of and it is not out of the question that cattle are mistreated on their way to the slaughter house. Bambi on the other hand received a 7 second ticket to total anesthesia.

Then she turns, saysam Iglad I'm getting outta here, and walks to her car. She used to like me alot just like all my other neighbors. I'm guessing not anymore.

You did well.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Depending on how "condescending" she may have sounded, my response may have been a lot of things. I've run the gamut of responses many different times with people playing the "INNOCENT BAMBI BS!!!" I'd say you did well.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:46 PM
Fork Horn

I think you did the right thing, non-hunters just don't understand, nor do they want to, they are comfortable giving moneyto PETA and then ripping into a turkey at thanksgiving.Half of the people from the cityorder a rare steak and think that it was made that way and then tell you you're cruel if you hunt, it's hypocracy at its finest.

I knewa guy who worked for a animal relocation company in the Northern burbs of Chicago,he went on a house callabout 6 years ago andthe owner of thehousewas atop brass PETAmanagement employee. Anyway,she had a racoon in her attic and he told her that the coon was so big that they would exterminate it but wouldnot trap it. She told him to kill it as long as no one ever foundout about it. These people like their fancy banquets and like to act like theyexist on a higher moral planethan us but it'smostly just a farce, you just have to take it in stride.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:48 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: Hoytail Hunter

NO!!

Id have tore off a peice and ate it raw and said "Because im a man thats how I can do it!"
And AL demands it! [:-]
Old 11-24-2008, 04:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would have told her that Bambi was a fictional CARTOONcharacter dreamed up by Walt Disney and that this is real life and a real deer that is going to taste REAL good.

So no,I wouldn't have bit my tongue,deer taste much better.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NY/Al

So no, prolly couldnt have bit my touge.[8D]
LOL
Old 11-24-2008, 04:39 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-24-2008, 04:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

no i would have let her know about the jaw and ask if she eats meat. Then i would tell her come talk to me then. Also i would rap up some deer meat and give it to her for xmas. Lol

Quick Reply: My neighbor is a PETA member!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.