Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2 DOWN TODAY!!!

Old 11-23-2008, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default 2 DOWN TODAY!!!

Alright here it is... I wasnt even going to go where i did this morning, but my dad convinced me to. He was taking my little sister out adn today was the last day of gun season. I figured i would take my chances and climb a tree in a place that ive never been before. Dad calls me about an hour after I get into the tree and said he sawa nice buck limping and he thought i shot it. I said i didnt and he told me it was going towards me. I rattled and got ready in anticipation of the buck coming in. i was hunting a narrow strip of woods about 60yards wide which made for an easy cross shot (i was dead center)

to make a long story short i thought i shot a treelimb and completely missed the buck. it turns out that i did shoot the tree limb, but i hit the deer!

On the way tracking the buck, I came up to a doe grazing. she eyeballed me, and her curiousness got her killed. i put a perfect shot on her, but no pass through. the arrow broke off but i heard her pile up about 50 yards from where i shot her. i was in a super thick thicket and walking was hard enough, so i decided that the doe was down for sure and i would continue pursuing the buck. I found him obviously, adn although i had no blood trail at all (rage 3 blade) it put her down in 35 yards just like i thought. im 3 for 3 this year with the rages btw. all have performed flawlessly.

Here they are... not to shabby for the last day of gun season!!! (My slim figure doesnt help the size of the deer lol!) He wasnt the best, but he was limping adn sick. he weighed about 115#'s. I could see his hips and spine and everything. It was a good deer to take out of the heard.

Scores soon to come

Derek

[/align][/align]
Old 11-23-2008, 07:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 2 DOWN TODAY!!!

Well done and congrats!

That bow looks great in black too!
Old 11-23-2008, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great Job!
Old 11-23-2008, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great job, congrats!
Old 11-23-2008, 07:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on a great day!
Old 11-23-2008, 07:43 PM
Fork Horn

Thats a good day in the woods. Congrats.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on the nice buck and doe!!
Old 11-23-2008, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the Kills

BH818
Old 11-23-2008, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Same thing happened to me Saturday!

CongratsX2!
Old 11-23-2008, 11:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

^awesome Hoytail. its rare enough to have a doe and buck kill on the same day with anything. with the bow, its definately a whole different feeling of accomplishment. The best part about it was, that not only did i take a decent buck, but he was very sick and suffering and would have died probably within a few days, and i feel like i kinda did justice to the animal.

btw, its hard to tell how big the buck is (not huge of course) but i believe he will score around 110". its kinda hard to tell in the pics but im 6'3" and 260#'s so i make any critter look a little smaller lol![:-]
Derek

Quick Reply: 2 DOWN TODAY!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.