Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 08 Buck, what will he score >

08 Buck, what will he score

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

08 Buck, what will he score

Old 11-23-2008, 06:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 08 Buck, what will he score

The reasonI did not share the story is I had the same thing happen last year and the post was moved over to another forum. The is the only forum I am ever in and didn't want it to be moved. The deer is not legal for the contest because I shot him with my Muzzelloader. GMMAT you were right on as he scored 127. He would have been a perfect 10 if his G4 wasn't broken off. The only thing this deer lacked was a little mass but is still my biggest buck to date and a real trophy. I believe he was a 3.5 year old

The story:

Staurday moring it was 16 degrees here and with all of the clothes I had on decided to take my gun instead of my bow. The morning was cold and with the heavy frost I had high hopes. I was freezing but was going to stick it out until 10 am. About 9:30 this guy came in chasing a doe. The doe and this guy were standing together in a clearing 80 yards out. The doe then takes off the other direction and the buck was very soon to follow. I told myself it was now or never so I took the shot, right through the heart and out the back hip dropping him in his tracks. This is the first deer I have taken with a gun that I couldn't have taken with my bow because of range so there was a benefit. I feel bad I wasn't able to put one down for the team as in Indiana we are only allowed one buck. I had a great bow season passing 12 small bucks, forks, spikes, small 6's and a 8 pointer that might have scored 90. I am glad I waited and passed on the smaller bucks I can honestly say I learned more the deer season than any other in the past.