Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Giving Up?

Old 11-22-2008, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Giving Up?

Have you ever been so frusterated with bowhunting that you gave up? I have really been thinking about this lately.

I have seen 2.25 deer hunting in Minnesota this year. I saw those deer in september.Sign everywhere, no deer.I don't understand it. I've seen a button buck (which is dead, you may remember the thread, not a deer I'm really proud of), a HUGE 8 (while I was walking back to my truck, feeding under a full moon, and the legs of a deer (the .25)

I'm getting burnt out. I hunt often, and hard. My land (and every piece I got permission) got POUNDED the last two weeks. Everything possible is NOT in my favor. I was going to quit, but I just decided. Someone write this down:

I WILL kill another deer before seasons end.

If not, it wasn't my year. I will not quit early though, and failure won't come because I didn't try.

That is all.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Giving Up?

Thats rough man. I feel your pain last year i saw a total of 3 deer while on stand and that was opening morning in october. Man it was a long year
Old 11-22-2008, 05:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

And it can go from frustration to elation in any 10 second span! Keep your head up, the joy is in the hunt!
Old 11-22-2008, 05:32 PM

Gas up the Ford and come down here next year, joking aside. My main property is really picking up, should be better next year. And found out yesterday my favorite farm we lost to leasing will be ours again...my buddy's uncle felt like an ass for leasing it from underneath us...said it was ours again next year!

Your year this year, was me last year. I saw literally nothing and from no lack of trying or lack of being in the right spot...sometimes its not meant to be.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know its frustrating but hunting is supposed to be fun. My advice to you would be just to go out and enjoy your time in the woods. Don't worry about seeing deer, if you do, great, but if you don't, don't worry about it.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

And it can go from frustration to elation in any 10 second span!
That is just it GR8, and I need to keep that in mind.

My advice to you would be just to go out and enjoy your time in the woods. Don't worry about seeing deer, if you do, great, but if you don't, don't worry about it.
Thanks for the reply MO. And I try my best to enjoy it, and I really do enjoy it. Seeing deer just makes it more worth it, to me. Hell, I rarly see squirrels, or turkeys now days[&:]

Gas up the Ford and come down here next year
Keep throwing out offers, and I'm bound to take you up on that one day. You know this. Good luck the rest of the season Trev.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:51 PM
Typical Buck

That sucks. It can definitly wear you down when sightings are low. Whats the overall deer population in your area? Kinda makes it hard to hold out when you see so few per year. Good luck, you never know when your luck might change.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's the very reason I shot a little rat 6 pt that I'm glad to have. It would be great to have multiple buck sighting everytime out but sometimes I can go days without seeing adoe in range..

It's just so hard to be selective when your not seeing any deer.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

I feel your pain man! Its not any better in Southern Minnesota.[:-]
Old 11-22-2008, 08:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Kyle,

You and I are both frustrated. I've told you before I'm not happy with the out come of my season so far and you said at least your hunting and seeing deer. I can't argue with that statement one bit but I'm not seeing the "quality deer" that I want to be seeing. I said this before deer hunting even started that my area/woods was going to be a tough one on seeing good bucks because of the lack of sign that I was seeing In Late July and August. So far I'm spot on with that statement! I've seen one decent buck (mid 120's) and passed on him. If that's the only decent buck I see this year, It's not a good year for myself. I'm either doing something wrong or the big buck numbers aren't here. I really do believe the big buck numbers are not here and If that's the case which I believe It Is there's not much I can do about It. Kind of the same scenario your In, not to many deer numbers In your area and not much you yourself can do about that either.

Keep your head up as I'm trying to do the same as well. Good luck my friend!

Quick Reply: Giving Up?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.