Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Muzzy or Rage?

Old 11-21-2008, 09:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default Muzzy or Rage?

I know I have been posting a lot of questions lately but I am a new deer hunter and am trying to get some good info and how better to acquire it then from the veterans. I currently shoot a Muzzy 3 blade broadhead and personally I dont like it, I don't think it flies right. I have been hearing a lot though about the Rage 2 blade and 3 blade so my question is this, which is better? If not those two are their any other mechanical or normal fixed boradheads out there that are better? I don't have the knowledge yet of all the different brands so I am leaving it to you guys to help me out. Thanks a lot once again, I really appreciate the responses you guys have been giving me to help me out.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:41 PM

Default RE: Muzzy or Rage?

I shot a muzzy 4 blade. 90 grain. I absolutly love it. shoots the same as my field tips just drops alittle more. So if Im shooting 25 yards with field tips its 20 yards with muzzy. I shoot a 07 gardian at 65#. I personally don't like mech. because I feel it is one more thing to go wrong with my setup. As far as I care I like one less thing to worry about.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is the short version. If your arrows are properly spined and your muzzy's are flying like field tips, you need to tune your rest. Out of a tuned rest with properly spined arrows nearly every fixed blade head will fly like your field points.

Moving to a mechincal head because they hit with your field points isn't the best route. Using mechanical heads to cover up a tuning issue compounds the problem and hurts penetration and broadhead performance all the way around.

go to www.bowjackson.com and check the easton archery tuning guide for broadhead tuning...

This should get you fixed up.

Good luck.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:46 PM
Fork Horn

I currently have a muzzy arrow rest which I think is my problem. I shoot pretty good but never consistently and I think its the arrow rest and I am not sure on how to fix it to make it so I shoot more consistent.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:52 PM
Spike

muzzys are a great broadhead i feel like its kind of the "bread and butter" BH there are many many great heads out there though, i personally shoot magnus broadheads but have shot and loved g5's as well. i like the cut on contact heads in case i miss a little forward and hit the shoulder. the most important thing is that YOU have cofidence in your equipment.

im sure rage's are great heads and have very good reviews but i cant comment on them because i have never shot them myself
Old 11-22-2008, 01:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

It will NEVER fail you!

Old 11-22-2008, 02:56 AM
Dominant Buck

It will NEVER fail you!
"fail" is subjective.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

EITHER,i love them both.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know rage leave devastateing wound holes but my MUZZY 4 blades have broken shoulders!! So its a toss up but first out of the quiver would have to be my MUZZY 4 blades...

BH818
Old 11-22-2008, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Of those 2, Muzzy

Quick Reply: Muzzy or Rage?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.