Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 is poaching ever justifiable? >

is poaching ever justifiable?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

is poaching ever justifiable?

Old 11-21-2008, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default is poaching ever justifiable?

is poaching ever justifiable? imho not if it is about horns. if somebody is feeding their family, and they still show respect for the animal then i feel it is.

whata yall think?

please vote but also explain your feelings please.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: is poaching ever justifiable?

I vote no. I'm not sure that anyone these days really has tolive off the land.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not in my eyes![:'(][>:]
Old 11-21-2008, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Only to the poacher.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:44 PM
Fork Horn

Poaching is never justifiable. If you need the meat to feed your family and thats why you poach you might as well go to public land instead of having a chance of getting caught poaching and having to pay a fine or going to jail. Thats what I think anyways.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: joemr1288

Poaching is never justifiable. If you need the meat to feed your family and thats why you poach you might as well go to public land instead of having a chance of getting caught poaching and having to pay a fine or going to jail. Thats what I think anyways.
im sry i didnt understand what you meant there bout going to public land.

and just to clarify, im not talking horn hunting here but a doe or a yearling. iv been amazed at the double standard alot of folks put on horns or not.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

NO, if people need meat, they can get free deer meat. Too many people justify poaching under the fictitious guise that they need to feed their family. I call it the OJ Simpson effect, if you tell yourselfa liefor long enough, you even start believing the BS yourself.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's why I donate a deer almost every year! It goes to food banks to feed people that feel they need to poach to eat. No excuse![:'(][>:]
Old 11-21-2008, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

Never acceptable Horns or no horns

EDIT: I cant think of anyone on this site, based on reading post on here for over 2 years, that would have a double standard on poaching a doe vs a buck
Old 11-21-2008, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

i understand that it is cheating. i am majoring in wildlife biology/conservation so that ic an become a game warden. but it seems most of yal live in better educated, better off communities. come to rural OK, or AR and it is a totally different picture. if i knew of a hfh program i would also donate but i dnt know of any such, as it is i usually donate to less well off friends/family. but anyway, coming from where i do i cam see certain circumstances where it is justifiable, wrong yes according to the law, but also potentially unavoidable

edit. maybe nobody on here does. im sure everybody on here is perfect, but i do know a ton of ppl who have double standards. in fact i know very few who dnt have, those that dnt hunt for meat not horns. the majority of trophy hunters i know do have double standards

Quick Reply: is poaching ever justifiable?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.