Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I'm dreading this weekend >

I'm dreading this weekend

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I'm dreading this weekend

Old 11-20-2008, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Default I'm dreading this weekend

Gun season comes in and I am still seeing bucks chasing here. Had a very nice 8 pointer chasing a doe this morning, and I've never heard a buck being so vocal. He used everything in his arsenal to get that doe to recieve him, guess she isn't quite ready. It was quite amazing. Found out from a non-hunting neighbor he's been crossing the road at mid-day, and I have to work this afternoon[:'(]. Gun season can't get over quick enough for me........no offense to the firearm hunters[8D].
Old 11-20-2008, 10:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I'm dreading this weekend

im dreading it and looking forward to it in the same sense....i been spotting a couple nites this week and been seeing a PILE of does and young ones with the does....no bucks hounding them AT ALL. im still convinced they havent fired up yet...maybe they wont fire up this year....i dont know. VERY odd year....we used to have 1000 does to 1 buck and had more chasing than this year! now most of my areas at home we are pretty well balanced...i think we may have more male deer than females in some areas...youd think the chasing and rut would be amazing.........

im dreading it because IF it fires up when rifle opens, alot of buck may get whacked that normally wouldnt...

im looking forward to it because i will be hunting...lol...only on stand from sunrise till 10 or 11 then we will grab lunch and do some small pushes...i just cant decide where i wanna take my stand for the first morning...guess i'll have to do some spotting while im home over Thanksgiving break and find out...not uncommon for them to move into the honey hole hill after bow season...
Old 11-20-2008, 11:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

I couldn't possibly be looking forward to this weekend any more than I am. I'll be in Alberta! Let theshow begin.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I myself can't wait. Gun season opens Monday for WV and I hope to see some activity. I have the entire week off and I plan on putting as many as I can on the ground......................

Here's to the great tradition that is Rifle season!

Old 11-20-2008, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gun season opens here tomorrow. It's almost like Christmas eve at our house.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hell, in the mountains of Pa they even close schools for the occasion. Buck season that is.