Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 NEW MATHEWS REST ON REEZEN 6.5 Something interesting >

NEW MATHEWS REST ON REEZEN 6.5 Something interesting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NEW MATHEWS REST ON REEZEN 6.5 Something interesting

Old 11-20-2008, 08:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: NEW MATHEWS REST ON REEZEN 6.5 Something interesting

Old 11-20-2008, 08:49 PM

Well it seems Mathews has changed their site since i came across it this morning when I first posted this. I SWEAR on my grandparents grave that cable from the rest was served into the string and NOT the down cable. From the looks of it now some photoshop work has been done on the picture in the enlarged view. dotice how the cord from the rest has a bit of a kink in it. I am a graphic designer by trade and can pick this stuff out a mile away. Very interesting that they fixed it. makes you wonder why it was like that in the first place. Hmmmmmmmmm
Old 11-20-2008, 09:45 PM
Spike

I think it's funny how everyone second guess' anything new on the market. I don't think a company like Mathews would do someting like this if it didn't work.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:11 AM
Typical Buck

ok not trying to hijack this thread but i just watched the video for the spot hogg whammy rest and a question arose

whats your opinion in regards t othe length of time a drop away arrow rest should stay up ???
i heard some say the sooner it drops away the better and others ofcourse sday the longer it stays in contact wit hthe arrow the better so lets hear what you all say ???
Old 11-21-2008, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

There was a Mathews Tech who posted on their site how it works, and how it's different from the Whammy several days ago. Very interesting stuff.

BTW, an tech geek messed up the photo they had on their site originally...which had it attached to the outter string....not where it actually is (under the roller guard).

Here's what the Tech says:

"The rest is not the same as the Whammy.

The rest is in the down position when the bow is in the static position. As you draw the bow the rest will raise to the up position, on the shot the rest will remain for approximately 90% of the arrow length being completely out of the way when the fletching arrives.

The rest attaches to the string (the one that goes through the roller guard) at the very bottom of the serving. It then attaches to the rest and in the static position you simply hold down on the prongs and pull tight on the cord and lock the screw down. The rest is perfectly timed and can be retimed at any time perfectly with an Allen wrench.

If anyone watched this weeks Mathews TV, you would see that the rest I am shooting in the Tech Tips portion of the show is the new Mathews Rest, and I'm kind of shocked nobody noticed it. I've been shooting the rest for around 8 months and it is undoubtedly the most user-friendly and best performing rests I have used to date (and I have played with A LOT of rests).

Take care,

Steve"
Old 11-21-2008, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

They also have a video of it in their forums. Sounds nifty! My only question on it would be how much sound it generates as it slams down. Then again it can't be much different than my Trophy Ridge Drop Zone.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PA Hardwoods

Well it seems Mathews has changed their site since i came across it this morning when I first posted this. I SWEAR on my grandparents grave that cable from the rest was served into the string and NOT the down cable. From the looks of it now some photoshop work has been done on the picture in the enlarged view. dotice how the cord from the rest has a bit of a kink in it. I am a graphic designer by trade and can pick this stuff out a mile away. Very interesting that they fixed it. makes you wonder why it was like that in the first place. Hmmmmmmmmm
Agree 100% When I saw the picture it was on the string attached right about where you would serve the string for a suppressor.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I posted this info in the Gear Review section as well, but figured it could go here too.

The '09 lineup from Mathews includes the option for a 65# setup for several of their bows. I've always hated buying a 70# only to tune it down....or a 60# and crank them to the max.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pat Curtis

The '09 lineup from Mathews includes the option for a 65# setup for several of their bows. I've always hated buying a 70# only to tune it down....or a 60# and crank them to the max.

You know I hadn't noticed that. Amen... I was just self-complaining about that the other day... thinking how nice it would be to have them in 5# increments instead of whole 10s... lots of guys like to shoot 65#... they find it a good balance. Personally I like 60#s... but thats just me. I think thats a good move on their part.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's nuts to think that a 60/28 setup from the Reezen will be nearly as fast in a hunting setup as my buddy's old LX at 70/29.

Quick Reply: NEW MATHEWS REST ON REEZEN 6.5 Something interesting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.