Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Mathews is at it again! >

Mathews is at it again!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mathews is at it again!

Old 11-20-2008, 11:50 AM

Default RE: Mathews is at it again!

Anyone notice that those PSE limb pockets look an aweful lot like the 2000 era Hoyt limb pockets? I'm just sayin'...
Old 11-20-2008, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I knew it right when i saw it, but i wasnt gonna say anything.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DeerandbearhoG

At what again? Are you saying mathews rips off other companies ideas and designs, seem the other way around IMHO. Where did PSE ,martin, parker etc. get the idea for all those single cam bows they make? The xforce is a split limb bow, the new mathews is not I believe, hardly an exact copy as suggested.

This is why I wish bows didnt have brand names on them. So much animosity over a silly sticker.
Sorry to break it to ya, but the monster is a split limber.....just noticed this.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NY/Al

At what again? Are you saying mathews rips off other companies ideas and designs, seem the other way around IMHO. Where did PSE ,martin, parker etc. get the idea for all those single cam bows they make? The xforce is a split limb bow, the new mathews is not I believe, hardly an exact copy as suggested.

This is why I wish bows didnt have brand names on them. So much animosity over a silly sticker.
Sorry to break it to ya, but the monster is a split limber.....just noticed this.

haha YUP.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:07 PM
Typical Buck

well then all this proves is that Mathews copied High Country and so did PSE and HOYT and BOWTECH!!!

They may seem to across as the best, but out of all the mods that Mathews have come up with they finally used some one else design, and it wasnt PSE's.

Split limbs were invented by Spencer Land, of High Country Archery.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I thought there was an uncanny resemblance myself...

Shane
Old 11-20-2008, 02:35 PM
Host of Hosts

Boy these posts are sure good for a few laughs.. Mathews guys get so serious when someone makes a joke about their beloved Mathews.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:36 PM
Typical Buck

I don't even let people bother me anymorewho bash other bows just because they don't shoot it. Just like any other industry, if one company comes out with a breakthrough in technology its going to get copied. mathews has been copied before and i'm sure mathewshas copied other companies before.Although it does seem that mathews shooters, such as myself, catch a lotmore hell on this site than other brand shooters. Not sure why, but oh well.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NY/Al

Yeah, I just checked it out on their site ,Ill admit it does look alot like the xforce, now that I look at it closer, pretty silly move on their part IMO, after years of criticizing split limbs and dual cams, but what do I know, Im just a bow hunter, not a marketing guy. (I dont even own a mathews bow)

That said, I hardly think the xforce is very original looking either, fast, I guess, but not all that different than any other split limb dual cam bow, and I defiantly wouldnt say its typical of Mathews to copy another manufacturer's design so closely.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PABuck_HNTR

Boy these posts are sure good for a few laughs.. Mathews guys get so serious when someone makes a joke about their beloved Mathews.

I know thats why I love reading these posts. Theyre like UofM fans, no matter what theyre always the best. I do love Mathews bows though so dont think anything of that.

Quick Reply: Mathews is at it again!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.