Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I got kicked out of the company deer hunting contest! >

I got kicked out of the company deer hunting contest!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I got kicked out of the company deer hunting contest!

Old 11-19-2008, 03:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I got kicked out of the company deer hunting contest!

Answer this question honestly.

You have to shoot a 140" buck or it's your life. You can pick a one week gun season to get him along with all the other hunters in blaze orangeor you can have three months of bow season. What are you going to choose?

True, gun hunters have a more lethal weapon with greater range but other hunters make the bucks go nocturnal after the first day and you only get one week. I would take my chances withbow hunting, I have a much betterchance, it's a no brainer for me to pickbetween the two.

Generally speaking,bow hunters can consistantly kill big bucks moreso than a gun hunter canfrom year to year.

That's why these guys kicked him out of the big buck contest. They know thepower of the dark side and fear it ;-)
Old 11-19-2008, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey, take it as a compliment that they kicked you out. Like another posted said, for every deer that you kill during this timeframe, even though you aren't competing, take a picture and put it up somewhere. They already know you're a good, productive hunter, but it never hurts to remind them every so often!
Old 11-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dopler

Answer this question honestly.
You sure you want me to? OK fine, honestly I think you maypossess a dilemma of a comprehensive nature. LOL just bustin' your chops bud, read the whole entire original post again and you'll understand. If you still don't then I don't know what to tell ya.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:30 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: Hoytail Hunter

......honestly I think you maypossess a dilemma of a comprehensive nature. LOL just bustin' your chops bud, read the whole entire original post again and you'll understand. If you still don't then I don't know what to tell ya.
Ya think!!??
Old 11-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Fork Horn

I missed the last sentence of your first paragraph which sort of changes things. Whoops, my mistake...

That's just sore losers then.

Old 11-19-2008, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a bit harsh i think. Too damn bad ONE guy isa better hunter than the rest of all your co-workers combined. If they want to change the result, rather than kick you out they should get their lazy asses in the woods. Seems like they are trying to find the easy way out and find a new winner. I'd be pissed if i were you.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

They know there is a new sheriff in town and he is kicking butt and taking names. I smell a 3.5 million dollar law suit comming on.Deer descrimanation. Remember I am your friend.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

they already limit your bow kill to the one week they hunt also. and you still schooled them 3 years.
maybe they should take their prize money they are gonna win and buy some tips from ya.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: fingerz42

I'd be pissed if i were you.
Nah, just a little disheartened if anything. Being pissed would only mean they think they win twice. It's all good, I've never stuck around the sandbox when other kids made it clear I wasn't welcome.

It just bugs me a bit not to know for sure what their true motives are. To be fair, it's absolutely possible that they just want to change the rules to gun only. Given the circumstances though, it might be a bit more likely that they're just tired of giving me their money.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

heres a question. i have an open bet goin with some guys i work with for the biggest buck (bow only) but none of us have killed one. what happens then.

(i have killed a coyote)

Quick Reply: I got kicked out of the company deer hunting contest!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.