Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Please explain the new Mathews bows? >

Please explain the new Mathews bows?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Please explain the new Mathews bows?

Old 11-18-2008, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Please explain the new Mathews bows?

ORIGINAL: Pat Curtis

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

Mathews for me is kinda like Penn State, or the Yankees. I don't really have anything against the team, it's the knucklehead fans that drive me nuts, the ones that scream we're number one all day everyday, even when it's obvious they're not. For example, I am an Oriole fan and I know we ain't number one, so I don't blindly scream it. I'll give the Yankees (Mathews) props when its due, but this round I will stay silent.

You do realize you just made a hypocrite out of yourself, right? You slam asaidoutspokenMathews supporter...only tocampaign yourfact deprivedopinion that they're obviously not close to your chosen brand. In doing so, you differ in no way.
I didn't know I was campaigning Pat. I had no problems when your bow was new, cause it was inovative and top notch. (the XT) Heck, when they remade it under their other companies name last year without the dampeners (Mission Journey), I encouraged friends to check it out. I shot 3D with a guy that pounded tacks with the darn thing, whooped my butt week in and week out.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:47 PM

We shot the new 6.5 reezen yesturday. We got in the 330 fps range on 5 shots with the IBO 350 grain arrow at the 30" draw. I guess to each there own. I am one who will be buying a new bow in the off season and it is down to a Mathews Reezen 6.5, Monsteror Bowtech Iceman, or Black Ice. Either way there both superior bow makers and have there faults.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:54 PM

Another thing that gets me is that people keep fussing about the $899 price tag? If you pay that your a fool. I know for a fact the brand new Mathews at our shop here are going to be sold for $689. Just because they say $899 doesn't mean thats what there selling for.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt/NC

Another thing that gets me is that people keep fussing about the $899 price tag? If you pay that your a fool. I know for a fact the brand new Mathews at our shop here are going to be sold for $689. Just because they say $899 doesn't mean thats what there selling for.
Does your shop have a website? Do they sell any other brands? How are they paying the light bill at those margins?[8D]
Old 11-18-2008, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pat Curtis

Mathews for me is kinda like Penn State, or the Yankees. I don't really have anything against the team, it's the knucklehead fans that drive me nuts, the ones that scream we're number one all day everyday, even when it's obvious they're not. For example, I am an Oriole fan and I know we ain't number one, so I don't blindly scream it. I'll give the Yankees (Mathews) props when its due, but this round I will stay silent.

You do realize you just made a hypocrite out of yourself, right? You slam asaidoutspokenMathews supporter...only tocampaign yourfact deprivedopinion that they're obviously not close to your chosen brand. In doing so, you differ in no way.
I didn't know I was campaigning Pat. I had no problems when your bow was new, cause it was inovative and top notch. (the XT) Heck, when they remade it under their other companies name last year without the dampeners (Mission Journey), I encouraged friends to check it out. I shot 3D with a guy that pounded tacks with the darn thing, whooped my butt week in and week out.

Campaigning is the method of using a medium to get your voice heard.

I don't mean any disrespect bud. I've had some major problems with my XT days after I bought it...and am no way a Mathews fanboy. I was hoping Bowtech was going to have something very short and light to compete with Mathews' DXT from last year. The Admiral is a nice bow, but it wasn't as smooth for me as the DXT. So I waited for Mathews '09 lineup...and was really pissed they dumbed down they DXT to the "HyperLite."

Long story short, I'm anti stereo-types. This goes without saying the hilljacks who run the local Bowtech and Mathews shop. The recently just got their Mathews license...after YEARS of bashing the hell out of them. Now those same guys think that a Mathewsbow made from the blood and bones of Jesus himself.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't shot it yet Pat, but the Iceman is on my list. I am in the market for one thing this year, a short smooth bow for the turkey blind. I am hoping the Iceman is it. Just on specs alone, I don't know why anyone would buy an Admiral over an Iceman. Same speed, but Iceman is a single cam. Its almost got to be more smooth. Who knows, I gots 3D season to get through first before I get mine though.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

They recently just got their Mathews license...after YEARS of bashing the hell out of them. Now those same guys think that a Mathewsbow made from the blood and bones of Jesus himself.
Even worse....bandwagon Yankees fans.[8D]
Old 11-18-2008, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

All I know is that I knew it wouldn't be a solocam[:-]
Old 11-18-2008, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only thing I have to say in this thread is...switch Penn St to Ohio St., I hate Ohio State with a passion. Anyways...proceed...
Old 11-18-2008, 07:54 PM
Fork Horn

I don't care if its off my 5 fps...that's still a lie IMO. I want an honest 340 if a company says it. Matt / PA claims that Bowtech didn't fudge their test setups a bit when they came up with their 09 IBO speeds. He says that people may even be surprised that their bow is a touch faster than toted. That's a theory that I can get behind.
That's funny seeing how Bowtech advertises its bow speedswith a fluctuation of 8lbs. Which one is it, 342 or 350? Don't get me wrong, I think BT makes a good bow, just like Hoyt and Mathews, but I think it's hilarious how you guys get on here and rake Mathews shooters accross the coals for believing Mathews is the best, when the truth is you BT shooters believe the same thing!

Honestly, you should believe what you're shooting is the best, or why would you be shooting it?

I'm in the market for a new bow, and I plan to shoot BT, Mathews, and Hoyt; the one that feels the best is the one I'll be shooting.

I must say though, there is something wrong if theReezen is only shooting 298! That's just really hard to believe. I have an old Feather Max thatshoots 295.

Quick Reply: Please explain the new Mathews bows?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.