Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Biggest animal ever shot? >

Biggest animal ever shot?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Biggest animal ever shot?

Old 11-19-2008, 12:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Biggest animal ever shot?

That is a huge bear, they don't grow em that big in my woods.

Must be that damned location[:-]

Congrats.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

That is a freak of a bear... nice coat on him too!

My largest animal was my moose this year... dressed 870lb / shot w/ rifle though...

Old 11-19-2008, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Damn, Nice pics
Old 11-19-2008, 08:06 AM

You can always count on davidmil for a dark humored comment.......I like it! And I don't think he's kidding.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice bear. Where at in Minnesota are you hunting? Or if you dont want to give away your spot...which area number are you hunting in.

My dad and his dad along with other people and there dad's go up to minnesota every year bear hunting. They have gotten a total of 4 bears in i think 5 or 6 years.
My dad's friend got his first bear (Im embarresed to say the weight. It was a bit small, but it was with a bow and that is still a great acheivement. Ill just show you the picture.)
And then his dad got his bear which was about 175-200 pounds.
My dad got his first bear last year, it was about 275-300
My granda got done hunting and got back to camp and got a beverage. He said he looked up and all he saw was this big black animal. He went into the tent got his gone, ran back out and he saw the bear stand up and he shot right in the middle of his chest. It was getting pretty dark and was hard to see. He heard the bear roar real loud and it took off. He went over and saw blood but there wasn't a lot so they were going to wait till the next day. Guess what, it rained! And rained really hard. They lost the blood trail completely and could never find it.
Our banker got his first bear also and it weighed 500+ pounds. not officially weighed though because the scale only went to 500 lol.
these are all minnesota bears.
Im going down to Arkansas the wednesday before thanksgiving for some bear hunting also.
My dad' bear and his friends bear. My dad is on the left. Sorry they never thought of taking pictures when it was still full size.

This is my bankers bear.

I have never got a bear yet but I have got a bear-like animal.

My biggest one is on the very right. It weighed about 25 pounds

This is my grandpa's biggest deer. Scored 172" 15 pointers.

This is my dad's biggest buck.

This is my biggest catfish (at our pond) weighed 3 pounds and was 19 1/2 inches long.

Old 11-19-2008, 03:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

My dad's friend got his first bear (Im embarresed to say the weight. It was a bit small, but it was with a bow and that is still a great acheivement. Ill just show you the picture.)
Why be embarrassed? Was It one of the bear In the top pic?
Old 11-19-2008, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

one on the right. It was like a 75-100 pound bear. I shouldn't say I am embarressed to say it. Its still a great trophy for being his first bear with a bow.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:26 PM

Those are some great black bears! I think I've hunted trophy black bear for 5 years and this is all I have to show for it: One medium size brownie.

Some other big critters:
300# wild boar

#2 SCI Archery reindeer

But the biggest was definitely this moose (one of these days I'll get the field photo scanned)[&:]

Old 11-19-2008, 05:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Pope94/IA

one on the right. It was like a 75-100 pound bear. I shouldn't say I am embarressed to say it. Its still a great trophy for being his first bear with a bow.
Damn right It's still a great bear with a bow, you should be proud. My smallest Is smaller then yours, 50lbs dressed. My biggest Is 325lbs dressed. I'm proud of them both but my biggest bear is my best accomplishment as a bow hunter so far. Here's the pics. Both of these bear were shot In Minnesota, no guides Involved.

My smallest bear (50lbs dressed). I was 16 years old In this pic, 34 years old now. He's the shoulder mount In the 2nd picture.

My biggest bear (325lbs dressed- 20 5/16 P&Y- 7' long ) Shot back In 2000. I'm on the right.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

Those are some great black bears! I think I've hunted trophy black bear for 5 years and this is all I have to show for it: One medium size brownie.
I love this pic!! Some day I'll hunt these!! Great job!!

Quick Reply: Biggest animal ever shot?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.