Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 This 2nd guessing bullshit HAS to stop. >

This 2nd guessing bull**** HAS to stop.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This 2nd guessing bull**** HAS to stop.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: This 2nd guessing **** HAS to stop.

Right place.....wrong buck(s), this morning. I had 4 bucks and 4 does come by....all in bow range. Passed on a couple of small 2.5yr old 8's.....and I couldn't have been happier about my sit, overall.

I had a long talk with myself this morning....lol. I gotta just let it go....and let it happen. If it's meant for me to take a buck....I'll take one. If not....I hope I enjoy each and every sit as much as I did this one.

We'll get back on them in the afternoon.....and have fun!
Old 11-18-2008, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff, you have to follow your gut. I have found my gut leads me the the right direction way more than my brain does. Trust your gut feeling and go with it. Good luck!!!!
Old 11-18-2008, 10:06 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Right place.....wrong buck(s), this morning. I had 4 bucks and 4 does come by....all in bow range. Passed on a couple of small 2.5yr old 8's.....and I couldn't have been happier about my sit, overall.

I had a long talk with myself this morning....lol. I gotta just let it go....and let it happen. If it's meant for me to take a buck....I'll take one. If not....I hope I enjoy each and every sit as much as I did this one.

We'll get back on them in the afternoon.....and have fun!
I'd be out there all day if you have the time. During peak rut, the middle of the dayis known to oftenproduce more mature buck sightings than morning or afternoon combined. The big boys love to check their scrapes midday.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:09 AM
Dominant Buck

I've done it before, IA....and I've never had any luck. I have commitments I HAVE to take care of at some point in the days,.....so I just can't do the all day thing.

I'll be back out there around 2-ish, though. Maybe gonna try a scent.....but I have VERY limited knowledge of how to best use them. With these winds....I'll get a lot of bang for my buck (no pun intended)
Old 11-18-2008, 10:12 AM

Jeff you and I are dealing with the same issues almost, Im one step behind the bucks that I want to see and one step ahead of the ones i don't care to see....don't get me wrong, I want to see deer, but this is the time for no jokes.....small bucks and does that hang around can only increase my chances of being busted, however, the does just passing thru are great!! The clock is ticking big time, and the weather is absoltely cold enough for the action to happen, let's get it on!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-18-2008, 10:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Keep after it bud, he's just around the bend.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Just think of how rewarding it's going to be when you pick the right spot on the right day. It's just a matter of time. Leave the buck honey holes alone and hunt where the does are. It'll be a matter of time.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I sure wish I only had those types of problems.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: IAhuntr

I'd go with the 'doe' spot. 100%. They'll be finishing up with one doe and be looking hard for another. And they sure won't be looking in a 'buck' spot. Even better would be a travel corridor between the two spots.
X2
Old 11-18-2008, 11:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: This 2nd guessing bull**** HAS to stop.

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

Do you know why men have nipples Jeff?
they have entertainment value. LOL

Quick Reply: This 2nd guessing bull**** HAS to stop.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.