Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What would you do. >

What would you do.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What would you do.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default What would you do.

I have issue that might cost me alot of my season.
I traded my old ford for a old Chevy. Then i got tired of the head aces of a old truck. So i took the 85 Chevy to a car lot traded it in on a 1995 Chevy 1/2 ton. One of those buy here pay here lots. The truck runs good i did have to put brakes on it and a starter.

But After about two weeks i went down to see where the title was so i could plate it. He said it had not come in it would be here in a week.
A week later he says they got it in but it had to many reassignments from dealers. So they had to send it in to the bmv. He rewrote the sales slip and gave me a new plate.
I went in around the 7th then he tells me the bmv got a number wrong on the vin numbers. They changed a Z to a 2. He said he would have it soon.
I went back in todayto see what was up. He asked if i knew any local cops i said no i try and avoid knowing the cops on a first name basis.
He tells me they need a police check to show the vin on the truck. He told me to bring it in tomorrow and he would have it done.
He also tells me that it has a IL. title I am in indiana . I know when you buy a car out of state a police check is a must. So why did he not already have this done.

He tells me if nothing else he will rewrite the sales slip and give me another plate.

NOW here is my issue. I am paying him 300 a month my next payment is due on the 5th. Would you pay him with all this trouble or ask for you money back. IS all this grounds for a refund.

now here my second issue what happens if i am driving on temp. plates for the third time even though he rewrote it. But the insurance company knows i bought the truck almost 2 months ago.

I guest i could ask for another truck but i know this one runs good and looks good. Plus i know it just had a oil change a new starter and brakes.
I worry about buying another truck from him with all the trouble i am having.

Plus if i have to give him the truck back i will not buy another from him. So i will need to find another somewhere Which means i loss my hunting truck and there goes alot of hunting time.

One option i have is my dad has a 07 he told me if i gave him the 1900 the lot would owe him. Most of my student loan for school and paid him so much amonth he would let me have the 07 for what he paid for it a few months ago. Which is 11000. So i kind of hope i end up getting my cash back.

I have been easy on the guy till now. I figure i am more likely to come out better if i am easy to get along with and nice.

What would you do. Here are the options i have come up with.
1. Deal with him pay him hope he give me a legal title.
2. Ask for my money back by the 07 from my dad.
3. Tell him i will start paying him again when i get a title.
4.ask for my money back buy hunting stuff and walk 2 miles to my spot.
5. Get another truck from him and hope it is as good as this one.