Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Blessed with a Buck. >

Blessed with a Buck.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Blessed with a Buck.

Old 11-17-2008, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Blessed with a Buck.

I've waited/prayed for this day for a long time, with whatever weapon so destined to be in my hands to do it with. Granted he's not a monster, he's the Biggest deer Ive ever even had the opportunity to take a shot at.

One thing I migh have donedifferently.... taken my bow instead. While the shot rang from 130 -/+ yardsat 3:00pm today. He was standing only20 yards from my stand. So move if you feel neccessary, no hard feelings, policies are policies.

I thought since the rut is in good now, I would get in plenty early... which for me was 2:30pm I park and start my walk down the field edge to where I wanted to enter the thicket I decided to hunt today. I break just over the slope before it gets super flat(old airport) and see deer.

Right away I knew it was the same deer that I had been watching all year the 2 bb's and fawn doe. These deer are out Every day. I had no intentions of takingany of themas hope for when Matt/TN comes up he may have a crack at one of them. So I get on my belly and crawl to a good glassing point to enjoy the show as to not spook them getting to my spot. I wasnt there very long at all, when I notice that they keep looking back into the woods, and you know what that means. And yes it was what I was hoping and apx 3pm out steps horns, Nice enough for me to take a glance and not think twice.Dropped him. Loved it. I was fist pumping all the way down the field.

And ABSOLUTLEY HUGE neck on this guy, and his tarsels were soaked half way to his hoof. "I'm Pumped" thats about the correct choice of words.What a blessing from theLord. As I enter the woods each day with the same prayer. Knowing it would payoff one day and if not thats fine too.Now hopefully it;s not the last[8D]

Old 11-17-2008, 04:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Blessed with a Buck.

Congrats again Aaron!
Old 11-17-2008, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Aaron! Thats a fine buck!
Old 11-17-2008, 04:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Way to go! Congrats
Old 11-17-2008, 04:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats again as well Aaron!!
Old 11-17-2008, 04:29 PM

Great buck. If you score him, let me know. His rack looks very similar to my deer this year except for 2 broken points on the deer I shot. I would love to see how close they are score wise since they are so uncannily similar.

Old 11-17-2008, 04:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Good for you, buddy......good for you

The photos are awesome.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrat's Great buck
Old 11-17-2008, 04:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

That is awesome man! Great deer, congrats!
Old 11-17-2008, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like my MT buck from two years ago, I'm curious on the score as well. Congrats again.

Quick Reply: Blessed with a Buck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.