Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhunting any good after gun season? >

Bowhunting any good after gun season?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting any good after gun season?

Old 11-17-2008, 03:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bowhunting any good after gun season?

I was just wondering if you guys thought bowhunting was any good after gun season was done. I prefer to bowhunt rather than gun hunt and was just wondering what you guys thought.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowhunting any good after gun season?

ORIGINAL: joemr1288

I was just wondering if you guys thought bowhunting was any good after gun season was done. I prefer to bowhunt rather than gun hunt and was just wondering what you guys thought.
It will be great hunting during the rifle season where I hunt because it's bowhunting only.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's definitely tougher! Depends on the area and how much pressure your deer get during gun season though. In my area It's a bitch and It makes deer hunting that much tougher.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

It hurts the hunting here in my part of NE Ohio, but i was tagged out after gun season the last 2 years (not gunne be the case this year though [:@]).
Old 11-17-2008, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Opposite for me..the deer have all but disappeared on my property right now and really wont get back to normal until after Thanksgiving and gun season. They will return and I can usually pattern a good buck if I still have my tag.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:00 PM

I was fixin to say the same thing Kelly...the deer still have to eat. Late season food is critical too. If you can hunt near a standing corn field, you will be golden.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: joemr1288

I was just wondering if you guys thought bowhunting was any good after gun season was done.
Sure, anywhereoutside ofKentucky Zone 1...[:'(]
Old 11-17-2008, 08:06 PM
Typical Buck

i hate gun season!!! all the weekend warrior farmer bob's come out and start blasting away. it sucks to think that the odds will be that much less after gun seasonas many ofthe deer in my area will be killed.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:44 AM

it's not the fact that they have all been killed, it's the fact that the deer become even more jumpy. The animals I saw before rifle season would stand and look at me. Now, all I hear is breaking branches as they head the other direction!! It also depends on if your area was heavily hunted or not. AndI agree about the weekend warriors shooting at anything that moves. Definately prefer the down to earth slow stalk or treestand of the bowhunter.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's next to pointless where I hunt. No food source, and the locals drive the woods every day in gun season, then almost everyday during our late archery/ML. Posted signs are meaningless.

Quick Reply: Bowhunting any good after gun season?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.