Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

MI Buck Down...

Old 11-17-2008, 12:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default MI Buck Down...

Well, success finally struck on November 14th. I had been planning this all-day hunt, on the eve of the firearms deer season opener here in Michigan, for a couple weeks. Anticipation for this hunt was quite high. Though I haven't seen much action this season, I was excited to give it one more shot before the guns started blazing. All thesigns seemed to be in my favor;the weather, the moonphase, the rut. This seemed like the best day to be out.

I woke up early, excited to get out to the stand. After my 20 minute drive to the property, I threw on my gear and hit the trail. I got into my stand an hour before sunlight, and settled in for what I had assumed would be an all day affair. Fortunately it ended sooner then that. At about 7:30, I saw this buck parallel to me,exiting a bedding area headed south west. He had his nose to the ground andwas on a mission.I had none of my calls out as I was unprepared for a sightinglike this so early in my sit. As he approached due south of me, I let out a grunt in hopes of getting his attention. He never looked up. I reached around, grabbed my bow, and let out another. This one got his attention. He headed straight north on a line that would put him right at me. At about 30 yards away he stopped behind a tree and I drew back. He continued down in front of me til about 8 yards, turned broadside, and I let it go. I'll tell you what, my bow has never shot smoother! I wached the arrow hit, watched him run, and lost sight of him about 100 yards out. I was pumped!

I called my brother and told him I hit one. He always complains to me cause I never shoot and he likes totrack. After about an hour, I got down and walked to the truck to meet him. We drove around and gave him another hour just tobe sure. We weren't on the trail for more then 40 yards when I looked up and saw a big white belly. Awesome! Here he is...

8 point witha 16 inch spread. Not very wide but he's tall! He dressed out at 180. Here's another view...

I'm relatively new to this site,so I'd like to say that I appreciate all the information that is shared here. I'd also like to thank everyone who took the time to respond to some of my own posts. Without that help this might not have happend.Thanks again!
Old 11-17-2008, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: MI Buck Down...

Very nice, Congrats on a great buck.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is a nice buck. i like the narrow and tall racks they have alot of character. that deer has alot of mass too. i shot one that has that same look but the main beams cross in front. Congrats.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrat's
Old 11-17-2008, 01:12 PM

Congrats on a great buck! Love the mass.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:03 PM
Spike

Awesome buck. Congrats.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice mass....congrats!
Old 11-18-2008, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Aaron, that's a fine buck with nice heavy MASS!!!!!
Old 11-18-2008, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck. Congrats.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:58 PM
Banned

nice buck!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: MI Buck Down...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.