Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hoyt SuperSlam Fast Flite:  Worth Fixing? >

Hoyt SuperSlam Fast Flite: Worth Fixing?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hoyt SuperSlam Fast Flite: Worth Fixing?

Old 03-31-2003, 07:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default Hoyt SuperSlam Fast Flite: Worth Fixing?

Need to make improvements to the ole' reliable Hoyt, but I am wondering if I am wasting my money and should save up for a new bow. I like this bow, but it is time to purchase a new sight and new arrow rest. Thinking about going to the Drop Away rest (don' t know which one) but don' t want to do it if you think spending money on this older bow is not worth it. I need recommendations on sights and rests. At the very least, I need to get a new adjustable sight. The rest is an old hunter style and it works fine. Part of my interest in the drop away is having the same poi for field points and broadheads, plus, improved overall accuracy.

any advice is appreciate.
Old 03-31-2003, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hoyt SuperSlam Fast Flite: Worth Fixing?

I had the Super Slam Supreme for a few years when it first came out. Pretty quiet bow for back then. It should shoot very accurately providing the grip is to your liking. It won' t have the speed of many of today' s bows, but it should get the job done well enough. I would get some inexpensive accessories for it and see how you like it. Arthur P had a good suggestion with the Starhunter rest. This is a good, practical rest that I used to use on my Super Slam. There are many sights that will do the job. I would pick an inexpensive, gang adjustable fiber optic sight. Cobra, Archer' s Choice, Montana Black Gold, PSE all make reasonably priced sights that work well.

I am still shooting two Darton Vipers that were designed close to the time that the Super Slam came out. In fact, in ' 92, I chose the Super Slam over the Viper when I wanted a new bow. These bows shoot just as well, if not better (for me) than any of the more modern bows I have had in the last few years including Mathews, Darton, and High Country. You are not missing out on all that much by shooting a good older bow.