Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

He's Down!

Old 11-17-2008, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default He's Down!

Well, I finally took a good Oklahoma buck!! After an agonizing first half of the season with very few deer sightings and even fewer buck sightings, luck finally shined on me yesterday evening. I was running behind (as usual) and had to make a last minute change to my hunt plans. I had originally decided to sit in another location but upon arrival to the farm I decided I didn't have enough time to make it to that stand in enough time, so I decided to hunt another stand where I'd seen a few does the last time I sat there. I climbed up and settled in for the 1 1/2 hours of remaining daylight in hopes of seeing my first good buck of the year. I had a few trail pics of a good buck from this area from earlier in the season, and with any luck he'd make an appearance. Withminutes of daylight remaining I heard leaves rustling out in front of me just off the hillside. Within a couple of minutes I could see the deers lower half. He was making a scrape and breaking off a licking branch just under a small oak about55 yards in front of me. I had a westerly wind which was perfect and he started down a trail which would take him right under my stand just to the west side of my tree. I couldn't let him pass me and shoot from a quartering away position as there were several limbs that were too big to trim and would impede my shot. As he got under me I bleated with my mouth to stop him and released the arrow. The angle was very steep as I'm close to30 feet up and I spined him. He dropped immedeatly. I knocked another arrow and finished the job. He field dressed at 150 lbs and gross scores 126 7/8's.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: He's Down!

Another

Old 11-17-2008, 10:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great buck. Congrats. It's funny how things work out sometimes.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:47 AM

Nice buck, good spread. I love Oklahoma deer. Where in Oklahoma do you hunt? I hunt the SW area.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:00 AM
Typical Buck

Great looking buck, Congrats!
Old 11-17-2008, 11:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats!
Old 11-17-2008, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cool, more points for Ribcage Rampage, we're really racking them up now. If we could just get them entered when Rob gets back.

Congrats on your buck JD. He's a good one. I like your Appiration Camo too. I have a set of that and really like it.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great looking buck John Deer!! Congratulation's!
Old 11-17-2008, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats good deer.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats again. Beautiful buck.

You guys need to start worrying, Team 20's starting to knock em'down like pins. [8D]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.