HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Who's Staying Up for the Release? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/273906-whos-staying-up-release.html)

wahoohunter 11-16-2008 05:04 PM

Who's Staying Up for the Release?

http://mathewsinc.com/

kwilson16 11-16-2008 05:22 PM

RE: Who's Staying Up for the Release?

I'll just look at Bowtech's stuff from 2007 instead.;)

WesternMdHardwoods 11-16-2008 05:24 PM

Haha no I dont believe I wanna lose any sleep over a new release bow..!

Scott/IL 11-16-2008 05:27 PM

Won't be staying up, but I will definantly be checking it out as soon as I can tomorrow morning.

Matt/NC 11-16-2008 05:34 PM

We r having a release party! There will be drinks, subs, and chips. Heak 4 of the guys took the morning off to stay up.;)

bigtim6656 11-16-2008 05:40 PM

what release :eek:

SwampCollie 11-16-2008 05:43 PM

I gotta give it mathews.... they can make a mountain out of a mole hill. Even my cynical, pessimistic, holier than thou, whoptie freakin' doo self is itching to see what they've got up their sleeve.

I'm not planning on staying up... but if I'm still awake at 11pm.. then I'll probably wait it out.... they'll probably just put up another clock with half a picture or something gay like that.

Matt/NC 11-16-2008 05:44 PM

the release of the fastest bow in history :D

wahoohunter 11-16-2008 05:49 PM

I've got to admit, though I tend to be a Bowtech guy through-and-through I am also a technology "nut" and am looking forward to seeing how they've packed 360 fps into a (supposedly) solo cam bow. It should be interesting. However, I've also heard that mathewes tends to over estimate their IBO speeds by quite a bit sometimes so I'll also be interested to see what these bows actually shoot once some gets one and shoots it through the chrono

MN/Kyle 11-16-2008 05:53 PM

ORIGINAL: wahoohunter

It should be interesting.
We agree on something, write it down:D

kodiakhuntmaster 11-16-2008 05:56 PM

I'll stay up, but it better be worth it...

If this isn't the coolest thing I've ever seen... I'll start a rumor that Darton is coming out with a faster one for next year.

Bullet Hole Bailey 11-16-2008 06:07 PM

haha i only have to be up till ten here to see it....so you bet i will!

Ben / PA 11-16-2008 06:15 PM

I think I just decided to go to bed early.;) I am sure when I wake up the world with be much more worth living for.

GMMAT 11-16-2008 07:16 PM

This reminds me of the 40 yr old nerds that still live in their parents basements standing in line for the newest star wars release.

Pass.

nissan300ztt 11-16-2008 07:20 PM

I hate to say it guys they are probably jacking up their number like every other bow manufacturer does. And do you really think that 360 is gonna be shootable. Probably $1000 for a bow. Just to shoot 360 FPS i dont think so. Get a bowtech and let it go Its not the bow its the shooter.

Primitive Weapon 11-16-2008 07:46 PM

Mathews - the last bow manufacturer to make a bow that actually shoots over 320fps.

wahoohunter 11-16-2008 07:51 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

This reminds me of the 40 yr old nerds that still live in their parents basements standing in line for the newest star wars release.

Pass.
:( To each his own but was it necessary to include an insult for those who are anxious to see the release ;)

davidmil 11-16-2008 07:56 PM

Yeah, right... whatever. Do I look that stupid? Don't answer that. NO, I'd rather sleep.

StrikeTrue 11-16-2008 07:57 PM

ORIGINAL: nissan300ztt

I hate to say it guys they are probably jacking up their number like every other bow manufacturer does. And do you really think that 360 is gonna be shootable. Probably $1000 for a bow. Just to shoot 360 FPS i dont think so. Get a bowtech and let it go Its not the bow its the shooter.
Contradiction? [:-]But hurry up and get a Bowtech!

bigtim6656 11-16-2008 08:03 PM

atleast were not nerds and we get use from what we wait for. though i ant waiting for it

ORIGINAL: wahoohunter

Pass.
:( To each his own but was it necessary to include an insult for those who are anxious to see the release ;)

Germ 11-16-2008 08:04 PM

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Yeah, right... whatever. Do I look that stupid? Don't answer that. NO, I'd rather sleep.
me too at your age:D

I bet the King buys one[8D]

GMMAT 11-16-2008 08:04 PM

That's not an insult.....unless you're 40 and still live with your folks in their basement.

The star wars reference could have been over the top, admittedly.

Issues with humor this one has.

Germ 11-16-2008 08:06 PM

Pass.
Dude never mess with the force;)

wahoohunter 11-16-2008 08:10 PM

That's not an insult.....unless you're 40 and still live with your folks in their basement.

The star wars reference could have been over the top, admittedly.

Issues with humor this one has.
haha, I was just kiddin bud;)

SwampCollie 11-16-2008 08:40 PM

ORIGINAL: nissan300ztt

Keep in mind that bowtech gives you a birth certificate just to set you up for disappointment when your bow doesn't hit advertised speeds.

I've never seen a bow right out of the box, with strict IBO specs hit or exceed advertised speed. I can cheat and I can tune and make it hit or exceed... but following the rules.... never.

wahoohunter 11-16-2008 08:44 PM

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

I've never seen a bow right out of the box, with strict IBO specs hit or exceed advertised speed. I can cheat and I can tune and make it hit or exceed... but following the rules.... never.
SwampCollie,

How do you cheat/tune to help the bow exceed the expected IBO? I work at a bow shop and the guy who does all the tuning does the same thing by using things like an STS or speed knocks to gain a couple of FPS, what methods do you use?

HNI_Christine 11-16-2008 08:47 PM

Staying up to see the release of a bow?

Wow. :eek:

davidmil 11-16-2008 09:01 PM

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

Staying up to see the release of a bow?

Wow. :eek:
Exactly. I'd sooner stay up to watch the sun rise, or The Ball fall in Times Square. But a bow release. Nope. I honestly have a life.:D

im ocd 11-16-2008 09:07 PM

I don't stay up to count in the new year, no freaking way for a bow.
They would have to release it at 5:45 AM for me to be online to see it,and I would have to know in advance that the new Mathews bow was going to have a draw stop for me to have enough interest to even look.

kodiakhuntmaster 11-16-2008 10:21 PM

It's almost here... This better be good and notsome kind ofteaser.

How much do you think it'll cost? $1000, $2000? I've got popcorn if anybody wants some...

Black Stick 11-16-2008 10:59 PM

I just can't stay up. Goodnight.

Bullet Hole Bailey 11-16-2008 11:01 PM

they should be here now!!! hahaha...waitin for em to show up!

psebwhntr16 11-16-2008 11:02 PM

Servers crashed..:D

Bullet Hole Bailey 11-16-2008 11:03 PM

I know....hahah this SUCKS! lol i stayed up for nothin:D

Black Stick 11-16-2008 11:04 PM

More reasons to bad mouth Mathews.

Bullet Hole Bailey 11-16-2008 11:05 PM

Its back up!!! Check it out!!

Bullet Hole Bailey 11-16-2008 11:05 PM

Its NOOOO solocam!!! hahah looks SICK!....kinda like a PSE almost!

djs06dc5 11-16-2008 11:06 PM

keeps crashing

id imagine alot of people are there right now

Bullet Hole Bailey 11-16-2008 11:07 PM

its up for me!

Mathews MONSTER!!!

Dual cam!

OKbowhunter20 11-16-2008 11:08 PM

Damnit I waited up for nothing....the website is down[:@]