Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Seasons over, gear for next year? >

Seasons over, gear for next year?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Seasons over, gear for next year?

Old 11-16-2008, 04:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Seasons over, gear for next year?

Never too early to start looking to next season and a few things that I want/need to replace are...

Arrows-Debating on going with a light shaft and putting the weight up front, or a heavy shaft and keeping a standard arrow setup. Finished weight I'd like to get 450-475 gr.

Release-Probably another hook style release, but will explore other types too.

Sight-I want somethingwith bright pins and one that protects them (fiber optics)from breaking. I also want something that allows me to use an 029 pin for my top one, and then 019 for the rest.

Anyone with any suggestions?

If not, list out some of the things you are looking to change/upgrade for next season.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:19 PM

Default RE: Seasons over, gear for next year?

My list is growing every day)))

1. New bow. Looking at the Truth 2. Have always shot bear bows.

2. New camo. Have not bought any new camo in 3 years.

3. 4 new game cameras.

4. Considering spending a couple grand on video equipment. Need to find a video/hunting partner though (NavyDeerhunter) hint hint))) So far he is passing the test ))))

5. Several deer targets. Bought a new house with 1 acre wooded lot in rear. Would love to setup a nice range for me and my sons.

Dave
Old 11-16-2008, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just bought my first cuddeback the other day and got my first round of pics back. Needless to say I plan on getting at least a few more Cudde Captures.

Also really want to look at this new Mathews bow, but will still probably stick with my Switchback.

A few extra hang ons are always a welcomed addition for getting those perfect spots with different wind directions. Also plan on trying to obtain permission on a farm bordering ours, so more stands would be a must.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Never too early to start looking to next season and a few things that I want/need to replace are...

Sight-I want somethingwith bright pins and one that protects them (fiber optics)from breaking.

Yes. Get an HHA single pin. Very bright in low light!

Old 11-16-2008, 06:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Another recurve (back up).
Old 11-16-2008, 06:45 PM

Arrows-Debating on going with a light shaft and putting the weight up front, or a heavy shaft and keeping a standard arrow setup. Finished weight I'd like to get 450-475 gr.

Release-Probably another hook style release, but will explore other types too.

Sight-I want somethingwith bright pins and one that protects them (fiber optics)from breaking. I also want something that allows me to use an 029 pin for my top one, and then 019 for the rest.

If not, list out some of the things you are looking to change/upgrade for next season.
LOL I will ship you my setup.

1. I shoot a 481 grn arrow, if that range is heavier than your current arrow, you will thank yourself for doing it later. I like my FMJs, but they are spendy.

2. I shoot a Scott Silverhorn open hook release, and can't say enough good things...I am buying a second for a backup by next season...when the wriststrap wears out, Scott sells replacements for like 15 bucks too.

3. Sight, Seriously look into Vital Gear. They fit your bill to a T man. EXTREMELY bright (literally glow in the dark),1 yard of fiber per sight ring, dummy pin ring behind first pin to protect it from being snagged in brush, .029 top pin, .019 following pins (my 5 pin model has .010 for the 5th pin). I like the Angled pin setup, but they offer horizontal setups if you prefer that pin style. I have two of these sights now (cut fibers with BH on first two weeks ago, so ordered another while I shipped that one in to be rewrapped, had3 pin now have 5 pin)

As for what I want to update, I want to continue getting some more camo gear, a few more hangons and stick ladders, and thats really about it. I'd like a good daypack too, but thats bottom priority. AK gear tops the list this coming winter/summer.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:00 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: early in

Sight-I want somethingwith bright pins and one that protects them (fiber optics)from breaking.

Yes. Get an HHA single pin. Very bright in low light!

Thats kinda my thoughts. Im thinking on going too the single pin. Im gonna wait though and see whats out for 2009. IA
Old 11-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

Impact archery has a lot of sights with fully encased optics. I purchased them for that reason, and they're brighter than any sight I've seen that's under $100 and my impact 3-pin cost me $45
Old 11-16-2008, 08:02 PM
Dominant Buck

I got some camo getting old and fading pretty bad. I need2 or10 newsets.[&:] I may have to make a road trip to Skyline. My 2 wool setsare still good.I need to get Len an order for a couple dozen arrows. I need some new waders for Alaska.(Ops.. sorry, not for hunting) Other than that I'm fixed I think. Ops, I need some new Alpha Burlys or something like that.I think my present ones a letting in some moisture.[:@]
Old 11-16-2008, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saving up for some sitka gear next year, looking to do some moutain hunting in the next couple years for mulies, moose and elk. I like the HHA for certain situations, but for treestand hunting, I like having multiple pins without having to make alterations. The pins are excellent.

Quick Reply: Seasons over, gear for next year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.