Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhunting.com wins the Campbell Outdoor Challenge. >

Bowhunting.com wins the Campbell Outdoor Challenge.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting.com wins the Campbell Outdoor Challenge.

Old 11-15-2008, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowhunting.com wins the Campbell Outdoor Challenge.

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

ORIGINAL: gri22ly

Good job guys, Congrats. What is, The Campbells Outdoor Challenge? Can any one compeat? If so, how do you register orget selected for this challenge?
Got $3750? Your in! lol

Really not all that bad, compareable to alot of guided hunts, only this is a DIY deal on outfitter land.

Congrats on the buck Mike, and the two-peat Justin...awesome stuff.

Most teams seek sponsorships for this event if anyone is interested.

It's not compareable to a guided hunt either.. but it is outfitter land (obviously).. yes.

I love everyone so much. They fill me with such gratitude. Really. For those of you who got that underlying wit.

compareable in price.....is it not? Ive never looked hard into guided whitetail hunts, as they dont interest me, I wouldnt know but assumed alot would be in that price range, wrong here?

not trying rile you up or anything?Why take offense to someone telling it like it is?

which is why i said "only this is a DIY deal on outfitter land." I wasnt implying someone led you by your hand to your buck, you worked for it as if it was your own lease. Anyone with half a noggin knows not to expect a guided hunt out of this type deal, more like, paying for access to pretty good hunting land for a few days and the chance to make TV (which is where sponsorships play in).

The compareable statement had nothing to do with the style hunt, it was geared toward the price (which is why it was the following sentence afterI listed the price)

Sorry if I damaged any egos, congrats on a great buck and win in a VERY difficult challenge none the less.....I know first hand how difficult capturing good footage while hunting is, Ive tried and failed several times....on the buck part as well[&o].

I didn't take offense to your statement TEmbry.. only the implication that it would be compareable to a guided hunt.

Compareable in price is where I have the problem. Un-guided hunts are usually FAR cheaper when it's done in DIY. But they also usually don't have the lodging and catered food either.

As a matter of fact.. most guided hunts won't run anywhere near $4000 in Illinois. Unless in Canada.. or a richy lodge geared for certain types of hunters. (which do exist).

So really.. I'm not sure what your comparison was for. Which is why I got "ego" on you.

But no harm.. no foul.

Good luck with your season.

Old 11-15-2008, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations guys....Nice buck to boot!!!!
Old 11-15-2008, 05:58 PM
Typical Buck

congrats to you both! great job!
Old 11-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Congrats JZ on the repeat win. That's cool.

Mike....You're a buck killing machine. I'm feeling pretty inferior right now....lol.

(Congrats, buddy. That's a GREAT buck!)
So what do you think Jeff? Want to be in CampbellsOutdoor Challeng next year? I have the cash but we will need a camera. I think it would be alot of fun.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Typical Buck

Nice job. Congratulations.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:37 PM
Spike

Great Congrats guys!!!
Old 11-15-2008, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator

There are several guided hunts in IL are 3200.00 to 3600.00. (and they don't 'give away' prizes on top of the hunt or serve prime rib and king crab legs) So, it is somewhat comparable in price.

So there, neener, neener.

The bowfishing challenge is the one with the really tough entry fee. Where else do you have to pay 1500.00 to shoot carp? [:-]

Congrats!
Old 11-15-2008, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

If GMMAT is not interested, I will need a partner with a camera.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:56 PM

Congrats fellas!
Old 11-15-2008, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

There are several guided hunts in IL are 3200.00 to 3600.00. (and they don't 'give away' prizes on top of the hunt or serve prime rib and king crab legs) So, it is somewhat comparable in price.

So there, neener, neener.

The bowfishing challenge is the one with the really tough entry fee. Where else do you have to pay 1500.00 to shoot carp? [:-]

Congrats!
I didn't say there was none Chris.. but not the norm by any means. [:-]

Met some of your buddies at the event Christine. A couple of bowfishers on team Rivers Edge.. i think?

You'd probably enjoy the event gri22ly. Although these whitetail I would consider flat-landers for sure.

Quick Reply: Bowhunting.com wins the Campbell Outdoor Challenge.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.