Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best set up for low light conditions? >

Best set up for low light conditions?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best set up for low light conditions?

Old 11-15-2008, 08:13 AM
Spike

Default Best set up for low light conditions?

Hey fellow stick and string shooters, what r your personal opinions on the best set up for shooting in low light conditions. Thanks......
Old 11-15-2008, 08:16 AM

Default RE: Best set up for low light conditions?

If only someone made a sight light that was iternal to the sight fiberoptics so the light does not shine......
Old 11-15-2008, 12:55 PM

I use the TruGlow XTreme Micro adjust 5 pin with light. The light shines on the inside of the fiber housing and the rear of the fibers. Pins are visible inside a blind.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

get yourself a truglo vitolate light, thats like a mini snakelight, wrap it around the sight and aim it at the pin, then when your in low light you can flick it on and have a lit sight. by the way, I have also heard of but do not advicate buying a tactical shotgun light and clamping it to your stabalizer. I am not sure if its even legal So dont grill me for it its just something I heard, Apparently they broadside like a deer in the headlights.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have found the sight lights to be somewhat too bright (for me) and have been busted a couple times with the lights on the ground. Thus leading me a few years back to buy the trophy ridge sights that use the glow sticks and they are by far the bestI have found for hunting(They are awesome inthe double bull too)....I do have the lights on them as well for hog hunting at night though....I was just talking to a budy the other day about this and he was telling me that he just bought a sight light that the brightness was adjustable...That might be a good option if the light is worth a dang.....
Old 11-15-2008, 04:54 PM
Dominant Buck

Few points:

1. Sight light is no good if you can't see your peep.
2. Viper sights. I can see my sight pins on this sight when I sometimes can't make out deer in my Nikon ATB's. It's THAT bright!
3. Absolute BEST low-light setup is my longbow
Old 11-15-2008, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot vital bow gear sights, they have a hole yard of fiber optic for each pin, and if you have them out all day they wil hold light for about an hour after dark... Get an extra large Meta Peep by G5, and if its too feel confident in your shooting, its also not a good time to be trying to follow up a blood trail if you dont get a heart shot... the only buck I have ever shot, which I shot at the very end of shooting light I ended up using the wrong pin and shooting him in the spine... So if you can do it that way its a reall shot bloodtrail...
Old 11-15-2008, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

The light for the HHA is great.....all you see is the pin.