Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My Offical Stance on the Moon Theory >

My Offical Stance on the Moon Theory

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My Offical Stance on the Moon Theory

Old 11-14-2008, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: My Offical Stance on the Moon Theory

I personally have found the moon theroy to be great for fishing and piss poor for hunting

Old 11-14-2008, 07:27 PM

Can't say I disagree with you.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

I must be hunting the celibate part of the park.
Ha ha!

Actually I see little sign of few if any does being ready yet. Its wierd here, yet I think its the best time to take a nice buck.
Yeah, the bucks are on their feet. I had a couple of decent bucks come by but I'm being a wee bit picky. I'm trying to catch one on the video camera but I'm suddenly video camera challenged.

Still I'd like to see some chasing, it's kind of weird to watch does just wander around unpestered in the middle of November.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

I sat for 6 hours today and 6 hours yesterday, dawn until 2 pm and did not see a der as well.....
Old 11-14-2008, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is there any chance we can get a picture of you flexing while doing the thumbs down?
Old 11-14-2008, 08:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: densfbs

I sat for 6 hours today and 6 hours yesterday, dawn until 2 pm and did not see a der as well.....
Same here, only I sat from 5:00AM-5:00PM today waiting for the rutting moon to hook me up.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

All I know is the temps for next week look to be a recipe for some all out war out there!! Guess I need to bring in a doctors note to work saying I am again coming down with buck fever!
Old 11-14-2008, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

2006-Full Moon on November 5th.
On November 6th I killed a buck right at dawn

2007-Full Moon on October 26th
On October 27th I had numerous buck chasing, fighting, responding to calls, and coming into a decoy. I put an arrow in a 140 class 10 pointer, and after looking for the next 2 days only found 2 drops of blood.

2008-Full Moon yesterday the 13th.
Today I got into my stand hit the horns and right on schedule here came a P&Y 10 pointer up to the decoy within the first 5 minutes of shooting light. Didn't offer a shot. The rain pushed me out of the stand early, but I still did see another buck chasing. Up until yesterday I had hardly seen any rutting action to speak of. Only some VERY SLIGHT chasing/bumpint in early November.

Could all of my encounters be coincidence? Of course it could be, but every year I still make sure that I have some vacation days for the few days following that full moon.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:14 PM

I agree, full moons suck. Also, that has got to be the most gory deer pic I've ever seen. But it's waaaay better than my buck so far this year.(gimme a day or two)
Old 11-14-2008, 10:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

id have to say the same about this whole season pretty much......just slow for me period. thought my taxidermist got more bucks in already this year than he did last year bow and rifle and late season combined...soooo that was a punchkick to the ole sack...i guess i REALLY need new hunting land...everyone i know that seen anything worth shooting was on pretty super private ground....

ED! what did you hit that thing with??? a hand grenade!?!?!? looks like guts hanging out(lung?) and STUFF alllll over its face! whats up with that?? nice buck BTW!

Quick Reply: My Offical Stance on the Moon Theory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.