Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Post season archery? >

Post season archery?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Post season archery?

Old 11-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Post season archery?

Indoor spots leaguestarts on December 1st. We shoot all winter long at least a couple of times a week!
Old 11-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Little over a month left in my season.

I went at 3D HARD, last year....and learned it isn't for me. I will probably put my compound in the case on 12/17 and not get it back out until March (to get ready for turkey season). I'll cherish the break.

Longbow won't go into hiding, though. I may shoot a little 3D (fun rounds) with it.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Little over a month left in my season.

I went at 3D HARD, last year....and learned it isn't for me. I will probably put my compound in the case on 12/17 and not get it back out until March (to get ready for turkey season). I'll cherish the break.

Longbow won't go into hiding, though. I may shoot a little 3D (fun rounds) with it.

What gives?? I thought you were doing fairly well with the shoots(winning a few?), and thought you enjoyed them??
Old 11-14-2008, 05:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

well it depends Gun starts tomorrow. If i do not get a deer with it i will be back out there. If i do i might quit for the season. Bow stays open till jan 6th except dec 1st to 6th i think for some reason.
As for post season shooting. I plan to get a glendale full rut and shoot twice a week i like shooting. But my dad is thinking of getting into hunting. If he does i will sell him my bow and buy me a new one. Which will happen around april or may. If he wants to get into it I will hold off shooting till i get the new bow.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:23 PM
Dominant Buck

What gives?? I thought you were doing fairly well with the shoots(winning a few?), and thought you enjoyed them??
I won a few shoots, last year (4-5?) and finished in the top 3 several times. I just found out I didn't want to spend that much time (the amount it takes to be competitive) away from my family.

I may not shoot a single 3D this year....and I sold my target bow at the end of turkey season.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:15 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I won a few shoots, last year (4-5?) and finished in the top 3 several times. I just found out I didn't want to spend that much time (the amount it takes to be competitive) away from my family.

I may not shoot a single 3D this year....and I sold my target bow at the end of turkey season.
I hear ya there. I used to shoottournaments all the time, but it required a ton of time to really stay competitive. I only go to a few for fun now that my kids are old enough to go along and shoot.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:16 PM
Fork Horn

Exactly a month and a half of bow season left here...i wont quit until all my tags are filled.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot dang near every day.. if not at least three times a week....

you are either a bow hunter... or you are not.... heck I don't hunt with a gun unless I'm shooting doves or waterfowl.

To each his own...