Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rage broadheads. >

Rage broadheads.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage broadheads.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default Rage broadheads.

This is a poll to see how far deer have gone after a shot with a rage? I got 2 does this year both in the 50-60 yard range after the shot. Just want an idea of nock down power and blood trails. If more then one trail average them together. Ive heard alot about penetration just want to see how much it effects the tracking.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Rage broadheads.

These broadheads are amazing! Shot a doe at 37 yards and she went 75 yards with at least a 2" GASH in her side....not to mention a clear pass through!! Then I shot a big 280lb buck at 32 yards and it went clean through both shoulders and he died after a short 60 yard death run. I love the blood trails and penetration I get. I was skeptical....but now am a believer.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot the 3 blades b/c i want to ensure a pass through. even though i have a high KE i still would rather have more overall cutting surface and better penetration. i love the rages and until i have a failure i will be shooting them. No hype, just good results.
Derek
Old 11-14-2008, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm one for one with Rage 2 blades.I said 60-70, but thats a guesstimate. If I paced it off I wouldn't be surprised if I under estimated a little. I wasn't thrilled with the blood trail, but I was able to follow it at night with my lantern. I lost the trail and decided to come back in the AM and the deer was piled up about 15 yards past where I found last blood. It was a good hit too, entry just behind the last rib and exit behind the opposite shoulder.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:17 AM
Fork Horn

Yor poll is not accurate, it should have "not retieved" as an option. These BH are good if you hit perfect, any BH will kill with a perfect hit but god forbid tha you hit any bone, then quickly say bye bye to all of the broken blades upon entry.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I smoked a 240-50 lb buck this year and he didn't go 45 yards, that's impressive in my mind, most guns can't do that
Old 11-14-2008, 08:26 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Dopler

Yor poll is not accurate, it should have "not retieved" as an option. These BH are good if you hit perfect, any BH will kill with a perfect hit but god forbid tha you hit any bone, then quickly say bye bye to all of the broken blades upon entry.
People are acting like these heads are the holy grail of bow hunting. Fact is any head will kill a deer if you put it in the right place. But make a bad shot and the results are the same no matter what head you shoot. Rage is no substitute to good woodsmanship.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

The doe i shot earlier in the season only went 70-80 yards. The buck i shot went about 3/4 of a mile but that was the indian behind the bow not the bh fault
Old 11-14-2008, 09:52 AM

ORIGINAL: Bbearfax

ORIGINAL: Dopler

People are acting like these heads are the holy grail of bow hunting. Fact is any head will kill a deer if you put it in the right place. But make a bad shot and the results are the same no matter what head you shoot. Rage is no substitute to good woodsmanship.

I agree with part of what you said, but if you make a mariginal shot the chances of recovery are better with the large cutting of the rage rather than a 1" broadhead, just my thoughts.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:00 AM
Fork Horn

I don't think my spine shot should count, but 0 yds.

Quick Reply: Rage broadheads.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.