Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Question about Fawns >

Question about Fawns

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question about Fawns

Old 11-13-2008, 02:23 PM
bigcountry

Default Question about Fawns

You know I seen something very strange yesterday at a farm on the eastern shore of Md. In the evening, I saw 8-10 fawns. Its all I saw. They were acting crazy, zigzagging thru fields right past me. I have hunted this area before and see an unusual amount of mother with fawns but never so many fawn only.

Only thing I can figure is the bucks have thier does and ran the fawns off. Any rut experts out there see the same thing this time of year?

Old 11-13-2008, 02:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Question about Fawns

You hit it right on the head. After she has been bread they will reunite (spelling?)
Old 11-13-2008, 02:31 PM

Bingo, you hit it dead on. That is one of the key things I look for that tells me the rut is kicking in. Numerous fawns on their own and or groups of fawns with no adult does around.

Dave
Old 11-13-2008, 02:35 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: SouthernMDArchers

Bingo, you hit it dead on. That is one of the key things I look for that tells me the rut is kicking in. Numerous fawns on their own and or groups of fawns with no adult does around.

Dave
I hope the big boys will get to moving again on the shore next week.

Last week, alot of chasing, many big buck sightings. One guy on the farm took a nice 11pt, another hit and lost an 8pt, I saw numerous small bucks. This week, nothing.

But in carroll county behind my house, they are rutting big time. I saw a hot doe on Tues, and behind her I saw 4 different bucks. One bruiser. All 45 yards away. So on Wednesday I set up closer. I didn't see the big boy, but shot a nice 8.

Old 11-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's happening here in N IL right now. I'm hunting this wekend and I hope it's not all locked down!