Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Which bow, Mathews/Hoyt/Bowtec >

Which bow, Mathews/Hoyt/Bowtec

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which bow, Mathews/Hoyt/Bowtec

Old 04-01-2003, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Which bow, Mathews/Hoyt/Bowtec

I don' t think anyone is building Bowtech' s risers for them,they are doing everything IN HOUSE.They just built a new building and are producing everything themselves,exept strings and cable' s.
Old 04-01-2003, 03:51 PM

No they are not...BowTech_Shooter even said so
Old 04-01-2003, 05:33 PM

Follow the link below to Diamond Archery' s online catalog, go to page 2, and tell me what it says in the lower right corner of that page:

http://diamondarchery.com/images/catalog4.pdf

Here' s a hint: " Cam Technology Licensed by Bowtech"

So basically, if Diamond is indeed manufacturing their own cams, it' s simply because they bought and copied Bowtech' s cam design. I think I might have seen where up until now Bowtech has outsourced their machining (which will no longer be the case soon), and it might be the case that the folks at Diamond do the machining work for them...especially given that Diamond is in Shreveport, very close to where Bowtech used to be in Bossier City. Regardless, the fact remains that Diamond bows use Bowtech cams...even if they do make them for themselves. So, I guess " technically" Diamond may " make" (manufacture) cams for Bowtech, but make no mistake about it...Bowtech, Diamond, and Parker all use BOWTECH cams.

Diamond may make Bowtech' s cams, but they still buy the rights to use their cams from Bowtech.

Old 04-01-2003, 06:46 PM

I didnt say the didnt use BT cam' s......Just that they did the manufactoring of the cam' s and riser........Man cool off a little ...
Old 04-19-2003, 08:32 PM
Typical Buck

Just bought, fitted, and outfitted a Mathews Legacy. Mathews sells more Legacy bows than the rest combined. Nuff said.[&:]
Old 04-19-2003, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mathews sells more Legacy bows than the rest combined. Nuff said.
Prove that statement.
Old 04-19-2003, 10:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

At that poundage and draw length I would be led to believe that you are still growing,if that is true then you need to buy a bow that will grow with you and the best choice would be Hoyt.Their cams have the best range for draw length of the manufactuers mentionend.
Old 04-19-2003, 10:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh yeah,I would like that statement to be proven myself.Legacy is a good bow but to say it outsells all other bows combinend would be a birt rediculous.

I personally have shot them and can' t see why people think they are a smooth bow.They have a really harsh draw cycle.They do shoot smooth but they do not draw smooth.
Old 04-19-2003, 10:31 PM

don' t know to much about the patriot but a lot of guys in my club shot hoyts they were fast but not much faster than my mathews MQ-1 but were alot noisier most of them have gone to mathews. Shot a deer at 41 yrds didn' t even take a step the other three deer didn' t even look up thats quiet
Old 04-21-2003, 04:07 AM
Typical Buck

Oops! Guess I should restate that. Mathews sells more Legacy bows than all the rest combined....of other Mathews bows. In other words, its the most Popular Mathews bow.[]

Quick Reply: Which bow, Mathews/Hoyt/Bowtec

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.