Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just got a text

Old 11-12-2008, 07:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Just got a text

Great buck Matt, congrats. I know you guys have been working hard for years out there so it's nice to see it pay off. Hopefully now Greg can score and you guys can complete the trip early.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:41 AM

Nice!! And did you say RAGE!!!!!!! I love it, good for you!!
Old 11-12-2008, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

Congratulations a very nice buck. We are looking forward to the story, and I mean all of the stories you guys have on your hunt with Greg.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

IM I the ONLY one who is gonna Rip on Matt?? Look at all that Blood!!! [:@][:'(]

Wipe off all blood
Come on now wheres the quality in that Lung blood everywhere??
Thats a sack punch right there. practice what you preach.

Deffiately J/K Matt[8D]Congrats on a nice buck.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

You should have seen him before we wiped off the blood!There weren't too many non-bloody leaves around to use. [8D]
Old 11-12-2008, 11:21 AM

Nice buck! Congrats.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks guys, This was really a neat hunt.........
I don't get to hear or see a lot of "deer being deer" back in PA. In fact in 23 bowseasons I had NEVER heard one grunt there.

Out here?

ANyway this big guy was running several does around in a green winter wheat field 300-400yds from my stand. (I was about 100yds into the woods on a hard pinch point between 2 sloughs)
After watching them for 45 minutes and me even thinking about climbing dwon and sneaking to the edge where he could hear my calls I decided to stay put.
They had run back into the woods and I could hear them sprinting around 100yds away and the doe snorting at the buck to get lost. It finally got quiet and I had all but given up on them when behind me to my left I hear 2 quick deep grunts followed by faint footfalls.
Here they come! Right down the trail on the other side of a creek that will bring them 22yds from my stand.
He was so engrossed in the doe he didn't hear me bleat (or ignored it) to stop him in an opening. Off they went down the finger but only for about 30 yards where she did a quick 360 and came right back the way she went bringing him toward the opening one more time.
This time I laid on the volume and bleated hard twice and he locked up perfectly broadside at 22yds with the pin already settling on him.
And that is as they say........."All she wrote"

The blood trail was incredible, and Greg kept repeating "Oh my gosh...........wow look at this!" There was blood literally on EVERYTHING down that trail, every leaf, up the side of every tree trunk etc.
I love the easy ones.

Anyway, we DO work hard for these public land deer, they aren't easy even out here. So now we have 4 or 5 more trail cam shooters in the last few weeks we need to get a line on for Greg as I try to film his hunts.

I just got done taping him out for the contest and as I thought, even though he's got good beam length his relatively small 16 5/8" inside spread and 1" brow tine keep him from pushing that 125" mark.HE comes in at 118 6/8".
Great buck nonetheless and I'm TICKLED with him. He has a beautiful double throat patch cape and his rack style will make for an awesome mount.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:26 PM
Dominant Buck

In fact in 23 bowseasons I had NEVER heard one grunt there.
WOW! Interesting, Matt. I've heard 'em grunting probably 20 times, so far, here. First buck I ever saw from stand, was grunting. Interesting, for sure. I've heard it probably 6-8 times this year, alone.

Congrats, again, on a really cool looking buck!
Old 11-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Matt...nice job!
Old 11-12-2008, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Matt, Congrats bud. That is an awesome buck! He's tall...

Shane

Quick Reply: Just got a text

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.