Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Buffalo County, WI - Trail Cam! (Sweet) >

Buffalo County, WI - Trail Cam! (Sweet)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Buffalo County, WI - Trail Cam! (Sweet)

Old 11-12-2008, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Buffalo County, WI - Trail Cam! (Sweet)

ORIGINAL: Dopler

These arefantastic pictures! The policeshot a 150LB cat in Chicago City limits this past summer, just 2 miles from the loop. They said it wandered into the city from a forrest preserve. There are most and more of these big cats coming into the Midwest.
They shot that guy 3 blocks from my house. I hunt with some of the Cops that work in that district and found out what was going on while he was still alive. I thought they were BS'ing me until I saw it breaking on the news and walked over and saw that they had shot it. Im still not 100% that it was wild, maybe only 95%.

Im sure that pic will make it around the internet and someone will say its from Arizona, Colorado and Michigan. Ah, the good ol' internet!
Old 11-12-2008, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: triggertrav

that was from MN - just outside of Greenbush!! Just got the email from my friend's nieghbors buddy.
I don't know where the hell this picture is from, but it is proven that there are cats in East Central, MN.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just got the real scoop on thoes Pic's in an email. A friend I work with's Dad's poker buddy[8D] took them right here in West Kentucky, not 10 miles from my house.[:-]!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 10:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

LMAO!!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

I took those pics in suburban Dallas. I'd show you the rest of them but my dog ate my SD card.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Dopler

They shot that guy 3 blocks from my house. I hunt with some of the Cops that work in that district and found out what was going on while he was still alive. I thought they were BS'ing me until I saw it breaking on the news and walked over and saw that they had shot it. Im still not 100% that it was wild, maybe only 95%.
Fastetti, the cat I'm talking aboutthat they shot in Chicago last summerwas in Roscoe Village near the intersection of Damen and Roscoe. Did they shoot one in Deerfield too?
Old 11-13-2008, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

No, its the same one. I Am originally from Deerfield But I live in Chicago close to Roscoe Village, but technically Lakeview. Lincoln Park/Roscoe Village/Lakeveiw are all pretty much the same to me. There are cougars running around Deerfield but they are all the 40 yr. old type that drive BMWs!!
Old 11-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: fastetti

No, its the same one. I Am originally from Deerfield But I live in Chicago close to Roscoe Village, but technically Lakeview. Lincoln Park/Roscoe Village/Lakeveiw are all pretty much the same to me. There are cougars running around Deerfield but they are all the 40 yr. old type that drive BMWs!!
Yes, there are plenty of the lonley rich housewife cougar types running around the north shore.

We're practically neighbors, I'm just a mile south of you in Bucktown.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:55 AM
Typical Buck

I would like to see the shots prior to this also. Did they take the doe down or was it dead on the spot and they found it. Email your friend and have him email his friend to see if he has them.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:09 PM

Cool pics. I wonder why every one thinks that because they haven't seen one in "their" woods that these cats can't exist around there. They are solitary stealthy hunters. If you do see one up close you might not live to tell about it.I believe they are more widespread than most people think. Remember the coelocanth? Lots of people thought it was extinct.

Quick Reply: Buffalo County, WI - Trail Cam! (Sweet)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.