Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 need advice on the best fixed blade broadhead??? >

need advice on the best fixed blade broadhead???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

need advice on the best fixed blade broadhead???

Old 11-10-2008, 04:11 AM
Spike

Default RE: need advice on the best fixed blade broadhead???

I've tried a bunchof fixed heads. Had great luck with many, but the slicktricks are my favorite by far....
Old 11-10-2008, 07:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

You can't deny the tried and true thunderheads. Bad shots, good shots they've never let me down.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:19 AM
Dominant Buck

You can't deny the tried and true thunderheads. Bad shots, good shots they've never let me down.
Ryan....I bought a pck of these Saturday....and I plan on experimenting with them soon. REAL soon. I'm looking to pick up some FOC/Weight/KE with a heavier arrow....and these might make it onto the end.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Let me know how that goes Jeff. Earlier this season I had momentarily considered switching from my beloved thunderheads because of the tediousness to find ones that spin true on my arrows. Granted, these are all heads that are at least 8 years old when I stocked up on a "lifetime" supply.
I was wondering if the newer heads would be easier to get spinning true, because after this hit I had on this buck, those heads reassured me that they are once again, capable of putting down a deer even on a marginal hit. And if new models easily spin true, that is what my choice will be.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Slick Tricks hands down
Old 11-10-2008, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Let me know how that goes Jeff. Earlier this season I had momentarily considered switching from my beloved thunderheads because of the tediousness to find ones that spin true on my arrows. Granted, these are all heads that are at least 8 years old when I stocked up on a "lifetime" supply.
I was wondering if the newer heads would be easier to get spinning true, because after this hit I had on this buck, those heads reassured me that they are once again, capable of putting down a deer even on a marginal hit. And if new models easily spin true, that is what my choice will be.
Ryan,
Pick up a pack of ST's and those Thunderheads will become "Collector's Items!!!" I fought with T-Heads to get them right, and went to Muzzy, then tried "junk" Eastman's that are like a combination of the two, and they flew better than either of the above, but nothing flies like a ST IMVHO.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:20 AM
Dominant Buck

I ordered the inserts....and the vanes/wraps, today. If I can get the arrow worked out....I'll have them built to test, Thursday.

I'll let you know how it goes, Ryan.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:22 AM
Fork Horn

Magnus snuffer 125 gr
Old 11-10-2008, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

There are four or five that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend. I shoot slicktrick's myself, and I've shot them on targets out to 80 yards. They are limited only by my poor shooting.

Slick Tricks

Tried and tested... hard to improve on... NAP Thunderheads.

G5 Montec

G5 Striker or Wac'Ems

Wasp's

And an often overlooked head that is one of the strongest five piece heads ever made, InnerLoc's.
i love my thunderheads durable and sharp put a nive buck down yesterday with one of em
Old 11-10-2008, 09:24 AM
Fork Horn

I use the Muzzy 100gr. 3 blade. I would recommend them to anyone. They also have practice blades to use so you don't have to dull up yourhunting blades.

Quick Reply: need advice on the best fixed blade broadhead???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.