Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Everything about this spot..... >

Everything about this spot.....

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Everything about this spot.....

Old 11-08-2008, 04:54 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Everything about this spot.....

Everything about this spot screams (to me) that it ought to be a great travel route. I've sat there twice, now.....and I've seen a pair of fawns the first sit......and one 1.5yr old buck, tonight.

Is it still just too early? Do you think it will be a good rut travel route to sit on? Why? Why not?

Area in question is the green circle.

Thanks.

Old 11-08-2008, 05:11 PM

Default RE: Everything about this spot.....

It looks like a saddle as well as a pinch point in the ridge. Hang in there, I think you might be on to something.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Anyone else? With the rut approaching.....I "think" it'll be a good travel route for crusing bucks. If you were a buck....wouldn't you think this would allow you to cover a LOT of ground (scent-checking)?
Old 11-09-2008, 06:40 AM

Maybe just a tadnorth where the saddle is at to catch them going between.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

It looks nice to me, plus it has some water right in the travel route itself for those thirsty rutting bucks. Plus it looks to have good travel routes to your N, W, and E. I think you will have good success in that spot.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:58 AM

ORIGINAL: Jimimac

Maybe just a tad north where the saddle is at to catch them going between.
That was my first thought when I looked.
But if he stays there it may be good to.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:01 AM
Dominant Buck

I've only hunted the spot, twice.....and the red line is the one I saw the BB and doe fawns travel on. It's a pretty good trail, and it's the one I expect the bucks to be checking out.

The lighter line is the line the young buck took, last night. No rhyme or reason to his path I can figure out, but he WAS walking directly into the wind (W wind, last night). If I weren't choosy......he'd be on the gambrel.....lol.

It just has everything I would "think" they'd want to have......roaming for does. I wish I were seeing more does, there, though.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:06 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I've only hunted the spot, twice.....and the red line is the one I saw the BB and doe fawns travel on. It's a pretty good trail, and it's the one I expect the bucks to be checking out.

The lighter line is the line the young buck took, last night. No rhyme or reason to his path I can figure out, but he WAS walking directly into the wind (W wind, last night). If I weren't choosy......he'd be on the gambrel.....lol.

It just has everything I would "think" they'd want to have......roaming for does. I wish I were seeing more does, there, though.

It looks good to me. I've always liked those saddle spots when I can find them.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:23 AM
Dominant Buck

You can also see where they'r ebedding to the East......and the trails I've seen does use over there. Once they get across the road.....what trail do you think they'll use to travel? I would "think" they'd go up on the ridge at some point.....but I'd hate to set up there.....only to have them go around me at a lower trail.

Also.....the does to the east that I've been seeing (taveling to the west in the evenings) are crossing at the gulch or at the end of that ridge. I can't seem to peg them coming "home" though. When I set up n the ridge in the AM's.....they never show. I've seen the same little buck in there every sit (AM's)..but they elude me in the mornings.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:34 AM

Well...It looks like the slope is pretty steep just west of your purple outlined area so the path of least resistance would be my guess. Have you checked out that point right in between your green outline and the purple outline?

Quick Reply: Everything about this spot.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.