HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Wasted afternoon "hunt", what a #@#%@$! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/272370-wasted-afternoon-hunt-what.html)

Cougar Mag 11-07-2008 05:41 PM

Wasted afternoon "hunt", what a #@#%@$!

Wanted to try a different place this afternoon so after loading my climbing sticks and treestand on my back I took off for a woods I've hunted only once this season. About a 1/4 mile or more walk. Put a step on the bottom, then my climbing sticks. Before I could hang my lock on, I realized I left the pouch I keep the straps in inside my truck. Grrrrrr! So back I walk to my truck and hurriedly unlock the back and grab the small pouch. I walk back in the woods and after hanging the stand, I climb back down to grab my pullup rope. I then realize I made two trips to the woods and didn't......bring......my......bow!!!! What a complete ^@#@#^&@%$@!! I sat for a while then decided chuck it for the day, because I just knew a big buck would come by when I didn't have the bow, and I am not letting that happen[:o].

virginiashadow 11-07-2008 05:45 PM

RE: Wasted afternoon "hunt", what a #@#%@$!

Cougar, sleep deprived?

early in 11-07-2008 05:45 PM

My bow is something I've never forgotten.:DYet!;)

Rickmur 11-07-2008 05:47 PM

Wow Coug, I did the same thing with the straps and even my quiver one time. but never the bow:D. Screwy days like that often produce results. Should have gone and got the bow;)

Cougar Mag 11-07-2008 05:53 PM

Cougar, sleep deprived?
I guess and/or brain dead. Slept 4 hours last night, but thats no excuse.

tkycaller 11-07-2008 06:12 PM

Some of my most memorable hunts start out like that. Seems whenever I screw up something good happens later. Ya gotta laugh or you will cry....

The Deer Destroyer 11-07-2008 06:38 PM

That's kinda funny. I'm waiting on the day I forget my bow. Hopefully that never happens lol.

GregH 11-07-2008 06:38 PM

I'm sorry for your misfortune............ but I can't stop laughing!!:D

I forgot my quiver (arrows) once, but I had a couple with field points in my bow case and my buddy lent me a couple of his broadheads. He shot the same ones that I did. Didn't need them anyway.

ahunter55 11-07-2008 06:41 PM

Hung TWO stands yesterday around 11am-prime area-sat from 1pm till Dark & saw NOTHING. Tons of corn all around me.
Driving out saw 1 small 1 horn forky & 2 Does walk out of the corn.
Good Luck....

Brian/SC 11-07-2008 06:50 PM

Duuuude.
See kids...drugs are bad, um-k.
I've made a second trip for my quiver/arrows, but your bowafter a second trip1/4 mile each way backand forth to the truck. Now thats hilarious, yet sad. lol:D