Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I got to meet Rob/PA Bowyer >

I got to meet Rob/PA Bowyer

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I got to meet Rob/PA Bowyer

Old 11-07-2008, 09:49 AM
Site Buck Guru

Default I got to meet Rob/PA Bowyer

I drove from my house to just north of Rockford Ill last night to meet Rob. It was about a 95 mile trip. It was worth every minute of driving.

The first thing Rob told me was that I sounded funny with my Wisconsin accent. The funny thing is, is that I was thinking how strange HE sounded! It was reminiscent of someone sucking in a lung full of helium then trying to talk, with a kind of southern accent! Man those PA guys sure talk strange! [:-]

We had dinner at Chili's and shot the breeze about hunting for almost 2 hours before he had to leave to meet up with Dr. Andy. Rob is a first class guy ( he bought my dinner)and is most passionate about hunting. It was a pleasure to talk with him about hunting, and all of you guys as well!

I wish we could have talked longer and hopefully we'll meet again. There's just something about talking face to face with someone that you've known for a while but have never laid eyes on before.

I had a great time and wish him luck in tagging a great buck.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: I got to meet Rob/PA Bowyer

I agree, Rob is pretty speacial
Old 11-07-2008, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

LOL accents sure are weird.

Sounds like a good time. I hope you ate something expensive[8D]

Old 11-07-2008, 09:53 AM
Dominant Buck

Rob is a first class guy ( he bought my dinner)and is most passionate about hunting.
I concur on both accounts, Greg. He's a fine individual....and a great friend. I don't know anyone more passionate about hunting than Rob Poorman.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, he's alright, I guess[8D] The first time I ever met him, he worked on my bow for almost 6 hours on a Saturday...wouldn't accept a penny from me either. Great guy.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've had the pleasure as well. Rob is definitely one of the good guys.

BTW, we all don't sound like that in PA.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I drove from my house to just north of Rockford Ill last night to meet Rob. It was about a 95 mile trip. It was worth every minute of driving.
I gotta say, you are no lazy guy. Driving that far to have dinner with someone you didn't meet before says a lot about you. Even offering to drive over 100 miles to meet up with me. - I'm sure we'll meet up sometime. We're hoping to get to Wisconsin again next year.

Best of luck to you my friend.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:56 AM
Bartender

Greg I wish I could of gone with buddy but you know I was on a search and recovery
to no avail. I did get soaked to the tee man.
But I do agree Rob is the one with the accent judging by the voice
mail he left me.
Btw I wacked a doe this morning and dude you wont believe how this
one panned out. I will post it later and part of the story is on forums.bowhunting.com

T
Old 11-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator

Lucky guys. I'd love to meet a bunch of you guys and tell hunting stories....what a treat that would be. Some day before I get too old and the little lady loosens up. She thinks having friends on the internet is crazy. Needless to say she doesn't understand HNI or most of the people who are members.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

We are headed out tomorrow to hunt our spot which is not far from where he is staying. Hoping I can hook up with him and meet the man...

Quick Reply: I got to meet Rob/PA Bowyer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.