Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NASCAR DAY 11/7

Old 11-06-2008, 07:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default NASCAR DAY 11/7

Natiuonal Archery Sight Check And Re-alignment

OK you wait all year for the rut. In most areas it's heating up or upon us. Most of us have hoisted and let down our bows dozens of times. We've gotten tangled on the way out in the dark!

So before the big weekend, Shoot some arrows, just to make sure everything is where it's supposed to be. Don't let this doubt enter your mind, shoot your bow and know that it's still driving tacks!

10 minutes of checking could save a life-time of "what if's" if that bruiser walks before you at 20 yards.

Just a reminder. Especially for the newer guys. I shoot a couple times a week or anytime I "think" I might have/or could have bumped something off!

10 minutes 3-5 arrows ... a few different yardages.

Don't be the poster saying "I shoulda checked my sights..but they were dead on in August!"
Old 11-06-2008, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NASCAR DAY 11/7

An excellent post.

I still try to shoot my bow alot on days when I can't get to the woods in time, but I know there are some that forget to keep things fine tuned during season.