Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 do you rifle hunt? >

do you rifle hunt?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

do you rifle hunt?

Old 11-06-2008, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: do you rifle hunt?

ORIGINAL: MGH_PA

This topic seems to surface a few times each year on here (I'm guilty of starting a thread once). I love to hunt no matter what the weapon. I do enjoy archery more, but there are things I still love about rifle hunting. For one, it's the only time I really get to spend quality hunting time with my dad. He brought me into this lifestyle chasing PA whitetails with a rifle, and I plan to continue this tradition. I love spending time at our camp, hanging out with the guys, etc. I don't mind if people enjoy archery or rifle more one way or the other, or even if one chooses to only do one, but what I don't like (and I hope this thread doesn't turn into that) is hunters bashing other hunters for their choice of weapon. It's simply not good for our sport.
x2. well said

While the bow is my first love....I still rifle hunt too. My kids are getting of age now, so its alot of fun!

One year I went on a quest...take one with every type of weapon I had and did it!

Bow
Rifle
Shotgun
Muzzleloader
Pistol

It was fun except shooting that dang .44 without the ear protection I normally wear on the range [&:]- I wasn't even thinking about that! LOL my ears rang quite a while on that old doe...
Old 11-06-2008, 06:50 PM
Typical Buck

i hunt with a rifle, i like bow hunting more, but i also enjoy hunting with my rifle.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm torn I really am. Ive never killed a "decent" Buck, with anything, And I want one bad, I want it even worse with my bow. Ive rifled hunted every year in the past, and "might" this year, But I really want a wall hanger with my bow.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:04 PM
Spike

Bow, rifle, blackpowder Love it all!
Old 11-06-2008, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sure do. Hunting season is too short to limit myself to bow only. I think I would go stir crazy if I had to do that.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MGH_PA

This topic seems to surface a few times each year on here (I'm guilty of starting a thread once). I love to hunt no matter what the weapon. I do enjoy archery more, but there are things I still love about rifle hunting. For one, it's the only time I really get to spend quality hunting time with my dad. He brought me into this lifestyle chasing PA whitetails with a rifle, and I plan to continue this tradition. I love spending time at our camp, hanging out with the guys, etc. I don't mind if people enjoy archery or rifle more one way or the other, or even if one chooses to only do one, but what I don't like (and I hope this thread doesn't turn into that) is hunters bashing other hunters for their choice of weapon. It's simply not good for our sport.
x2, exactly what I would have said.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Broke out the 30-30 after sitting 26yrs,gave it a good cleaning,sighted it in at 75 yrds and good to go.This will be my 1st rifle deer hunt in 26yrs,did hand gun one yr and BP the same yr it was 10yrs ago.Bow hunting has been my addiction for 26yrs and I beleave its time to change it up a little.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can carry the tradition without carrying a rifle, just ask me.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Put my guns away back in 2002, and I haven't GUN hunted for deer since!!!
Old 11-06-2008, 10:45 PM

I don't think I will rifle hunt this year.

But I have hunted with a rifle in all my previous years of hunting.

Quick Reply: do you rifle hunt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.