Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Thank the lord for super glue >

Thank the lord for super glue

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thank the lord for super glue

Old 11-06-2008, 03:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Thank the lord for super glue

Man broadheads are sharp [:@][:@]

I cut myself for the first time EVER with a broadhead a little while ago. I definately made up for the lost time. [:@]

The palm side of my thumb, it cut as deep as a slick trick blade could cut, and it bled good! haha. It needed stitches, in a bad way, for sure. I just didn't want to get em'. It bled for a solid hour to an hour and a half, and then I just had to cut the circulation off long enough to clean it, and then super glue the piss out of it.

Freaking Slick Tricks [:@][8D]

They leave a heck of a blood trail though, even on the ceiling. [:'(][:@][8D]
Old 11-06-2008, 03:54 PM

Default RE: Thank the lord for super glue

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

They leave a heck of a blood trail though, even on the ceiling. [:'(][:@][8D]

LMAO!!

I mean...hope your thumb heals well....
Old 11-06-2008, 03:55 PM

I did this skinning out a deer back in September, got careless and sliced down through my index finger pretty good....i too cut off the circulation and super glued it.....but I didnt wait no 1-1.5 hours of bleeding to determine to do so.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:57 PM

Did it with a Striker last fall unscrewing one from a shaft.

Like Trevor, I didn't wait very long. Long enough to grab my MaxFletch and cut off the circulation.

Sucks, dude.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

LMAO!!!!!That sucks but still,,, LMAO!!! you brought back a memory, i once caught a catfish, he swallowed the hook, I forgot my plyers and tried to stick my finger up in his gill to dislodge it (no finger jokes please) [8D]I got stuck on the hook and he was wiggling, i squirted blood everywhere while my father inlaw and brother inlaw was laughing histeracly [:@]they had to cut its head off to get my finger out [X(]heal up now!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2008, 04:05 PM

ORIGINAL: bloodcrick

LMAO!!!!!That sucks but still,,, LMAO!!! you brought back a memory, i once caught a catfish, he swallowed the hook, I forgot my plyers and tried to stick my finger up in his gill to dislodge it (no finger jokes please) [8D]I got stuck on the hook and he was wiggling, i squirted blood everywhere while my father inlaw and brother inlaw was laughing histeracly [:@]they had to cut its head off to get my finger out [X(]heal up now!!!!!!
poor fish.[&:]

Did you dislocate his jaw in order to even fit your pinky? I notice try, guessing it was too tight of a fit huh?

[8D]I couldnt pass man...that sounds like one of our bowfishing stories....that has to be THE most accident prone sport in existence lol.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I did this before with a filet knife, right cross the knuckle, Just lucky I didnt cut the tendon. I had to go get stitches though, no super glue around., Doctor said I was so close to surgery it wasnt funny. I sure didnt take an 1 hr to 1.5 to get it stopped bleeding, although I bled like a stuck hog. Cut the circulation off and cleaned it a little bit before heading to urgent care. Hope you heal soon buddy, I know it sucks though.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, looking back on it, I should have just cut off the circulation immediately. I was wanting it to stop on its own, but it wasn't having any part of that. The first 30mins I was by myself, and just handling it the best I could. I then got another set of hands and told them what to do.

I had just left my clinical rotation too. Lol. I had flashbacks of all the blood I saw today in surgery.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gotta love super Glue.

Cuttin up my deer in MT I slipped, figured I just knicked my finger. Continued cutting for 5 min, looked down and WHOA. Needed stitches, but i was in no where MT. Little duck tape, and continued cutting.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

going to KY next season?? [8D]hope to see ya there pal
ORIGINAL: TEmbry

ORIGINAL: bloodcrick

poor fish.[&:]

Did you dislocate his jaw in order to even fit your pinky? I notice try, guessing it was too tight of a fit huh?

[8D]I couldnt pass man...that sounds like one of our bowfishing stories....that has to be THE most accident prone sport in existence lol.

Quick Reply: Thank the lord for super glue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.