Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 So So close to an Indiana bruiser this morning UPDATE page 2 >

So So close to an Indiana bruiser this morning UPDATE page 2

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So So close to an Indiana bruiser this morning UPDATE page 2

Old 11-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: So So close to an Indiana bruiser this morning

It puzzled me that he was not real heavy in body.
That's usually a good Indication that his rack Is as big as you say. I'm guessing his body Is bigger then you think. I thought my bucks body was small looking as well, he dressed out at 210lbs.

Good luck on getting him Dan!!
Old 11-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Typical Buck

Good restraint on your part and it sounds like that was the right decision.

On one hand, I hate to hearhow close you came but yet it didn't all come together, and on the other hand, I am sitting here thinking, isn't bowhunting great.

The uncertainty, the anticpation and the disappointments that come about because of a few too many yards in distance or the wrong angle, or getting busted trying to draw,etc.etc, thats what ultimately separates it from gun hunting and makes it what it is.

I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago, but for me, my fondest memories of bowhunting revolve around "almost" situations such as you described as much, if not more than my actual kills.

Good luck in closing the deal on this bruiser or his close cousinin the near future.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a great encounter!!! I'm sure you did the right thing holding off.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's tough to make a pass like that, but it was the right decision. Hopefully he'll slip up and give you a better opportunity.

Good luck Dan.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Predator19

If you guys are like me I was more sick than happy!
I know I was, but that was because the doe he was with busted me crossing the field and she took off running...im pretty sure he was just following lead and wasnt too spooked, but they busted me regardless.

It literally turned my stomach in knots seeing him run away, I felt sick![:'(]

BUT, it sure does make it reassuring to continue hunting this area.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks guys.. Im stuck at home right now baby sitting while my daughter is at pitching lessons and there is a 130" buck wth a Doe feeding in the field behind my house as i type this The deer gods are playing games with me Some bruisers DID survive the EHD last year After thinking about it i think i know what happened with him this morning. He did not in the least suspect me being there but after thinking about his actions here is what i think. When he stayed put for ten minutes he kept looking over his shoulder and then in the direction he went. Not 2 minutes after he left a Doe emerged from the brush in the direction he kept staring and of cource walked past me [&:]I think he was folowing her, she was not in yet ,and he was deciding weather to stick with her or split and move on.. he chose the later. It has rained now for the first time in a long time and cooled off. I might pull an all dayer tomorrow. good luck everyone!!
Old 11-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you need help just call. I ready for a biggun. lol Good luck. He'll be back again.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Jim
ORIGINAL: jim1966

If you need help just call. I ready for a biggun. lol Good luck. He'll be back again.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well the 160 did not show today but i drew on a nice 130 with good mass. I couldnt get him to stop. At 11.30 adoe went full throttle past me and i knew what was next. I got ready and seen a decent 100" 8 headed my way. He got a pass and i looked back again and a 130" solid buck with nice mass had lost the track and was headed away. I grunted while he was at 50, he imediatly stoped turned and headed my way, i drew but he was in a hurry to find the Doe and would not slow from a trot [:@]The morning was HOT with deer until 12:30. I seen 10 different bucks this morning. most were within 15 yards in front of me. an 8 and a 9 almost locked up in front of me. and i seen around a dozen Does and two fawns. About half the bucks were 8 point 2.5's
what a morning
Old 11-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

blood, you must be in one heck of a place to see that many bucks. Stay with it cause I know you are about to score on a bruiser. I am not seeing anything right now, but I am not gonna sitn at home. Good luck and hope you get the 160.

Quick Reply: So So close to an Indiana bruiser this morning UPDATE page 2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.