Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I'm Done

Old 11-06-2008, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I'm Done

I think I'll hang it up for the year. Didn't get out much as it is due to a stupid part time job. Was out monday and the ticks are really bad. I waalked only about 200 yards through the woods, being fairly careful not to brush against every wed and limb that got in my way. Still, I ended up removing 11 ticks from my pant legs. Wednesday I ended up removing one from my abdomen that had a pretty good hold. Now I gotta keep an eye out for signs of Lime Disease.

Yeah, I know about sprays and such. Been doing this a very long time. Still, the rewards are not worth the risk at this time in my old life. Maybe I'll get out during the late season when those pesky critters are buried for the winter.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I'm Done

Ticks suck! My little sister had lymes disease last year, when she was 10[>:]

I can't believe they are still that think out there! I haven't had many at all this year.

Good luck, if you decide to hit the woods again!
Old 11-06-2008, 10:09 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-06-2008, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Think I spelled it wrong. LYME. I guss how dense they are depends on where you are and the time of year. Normally they're not bad at all here in central Pa. Most years I only get a couple wood ticks on me. This year it's just terrible.And they're not as big as I'm used to seeing. I checked myself out when I came home monday. My gess is it was on my coat and found it's way to my body the next day. He had a pretty good hold on me and the area around the bite is red---to be expected. I'm just keeping an eye on it for now and if it gets worse there will definitely be a trip to the doctor.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats one reason I like it here in NY. Never had a tick on me!
Old 11-06-2008, 12:12 PM

I hunt in eastern PA on the same property I ride my horses onand the ticks SUCK! I have to remove them from the horses every time they are in the field coincidentallyright where my deerfriends dine in the evenings! I HATE TICKS, they are far worse here in PA then in NY. I hunted NY (and lived in NY)and didn't have a single tick on me, I come in from the woods in PA and search every inch of my clothes looking for the annoying little suckers. They are still bad and with the warmer weather they aren't going away soon.